Linux and Oracle OCI

Post by Alessandro Polverin » Fri, 12 Dec 1997 04:00:00

Hi,
I would like to build a C application using the Oracle OCI calls (or PRO-C).
I know it's possible to run Oracle for SCO under Linux, maybe it's also
possible to utilize SCO OCI libraries?

Thanks to anybody willing to help,
Alex

P.S.: Please reply also to my email address

Linux and Oracle OCI

Post by Stephen Harr » Mon, 15 Dec 1997 04:00:00

: I would like to build a C application using the Oracle OCI calls (or PRO-C).
: I know it's possible to run Oracle for SCO under Linux, maybe it's also
: possible to utilize SCO OCI libraries?

I've not completely been successful at this.  There are two ways I can think
of for doing it:
  1) Have a SCO partition, build your apps there then run it under iBCS.
     Static binaries should work AOK.

  2) Rebuild binutils to be able to handle both Linux and SCO binaries.  I
     really don't know if this will work.  You'd be better off asking on the
     iBCS mailing list.

: P.S.: Please reply also to my email address

No, this is a newsgroup not a mailing list.
--
                            Stephen Harris

      The truth is the truth, and opinion just opinion.  But what is what?
  * Meeeeow ! Call  Spud the Cat on > 01268 515441 < for free Usenet access *

1. Using Oracle OCI Driver for Linux on FreeBSD

I need to connect to an Oracle Database using the Perl DBI Modules and
using the OCI Driver for Linux. What sort of a performance hit would I
be taking by using the driver in Linux Compatibility mode?.

Or is there a better way of connecting to the Oracle Database from a
FreeBSD box?.

Subhash.

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.

2. Setting 2.5.1 kernel tuning parameters

3. link errors building profiled Oracle OCI exe on Solaris

4. 64+MB DRAM problem with Linux

5. PHP3.0.5 support Oracle/OCI 7 driver?

6. Output from sh -x

7. Linking Oracle OCI libs and Sun C++

8. Batch crop a single large image to many smaller ones?

9. Matrox Mystique ands X.

10. linux: adabas oci linking error

11. Oracle announce Oracle 8 and SERver for linux

12. Jserv and drivers JDBC OCI

13. how to build executable OCI application under Solaris 7?