netscape java stopped working?

Post by Bernard James Lea » Fri, 07 Jun 1996 04:00:00

Netscape java has suddenly stopped working for me, it dies
printing "Signal 7".

I am running Netscape under Linux.  I have tried Linux v1.2.13
and v1.99.11 and Netscape 2.02 and 3.0b4.  All with the
same result!

The stange bit is that netscape -java used to compile a
java class works fine.  Its just that any page with an applet
in it causes netscape to crash.

--
Bernard Leach                    LaTrobe Uni Melbourne Australia

PGP FingerPrint: A3 48 0B 07 4D 9B E6 4A  FA C1 C9 0A AF 83 09 BF

1. Netscape Java stopped working!?

Dear fellow BSD-ers or Unix Netscape Navigator users,

Since upgrading to FreeBSD 2.2.1, netscape navigator no longer
will run any Java applets.  This may be coincidental to the OS
upgrade.  I also installed the linux navigator running in emulation
mode, and this, too, simply ignores any java applet code -- or so it
seems.

The java console never displays.  My Options/Network Prefs.../Languages
is set to run Java.  /usr/local/lib/netscape/java_301 exists,
has been re-installed from the distribution, and has a+r perms.
No proxies are in use.  No classes are ever downloaded, according to
the message bar.

I'm at a loss to explain what could be causing this problem, but
it's vital to my work that I'm able to run java.

I'd appreciate any and all suggestions on what may be the problem!

Very much obliged,
-david kulp.

2. STUPID STUPID question

3. netscape java stopped working?

4. Linux bumper stickers!

6. followup: T/TCP for Linux website URL

7. Mosaic and Netscape stop working in 1.1.85 (for me)

8. . in find, when to use -o ?

9. Netscape stops working

10. Help, Netscape stopped working on my Sun

11. ? linux netscape 2.0b3 server-push stopped working

12. (retract) linux netscape 2.0b3 server-push stopped working

13. (Q) Netscape has just stopped working