mcopy -t doesn't get rid of DOS end-of-file

mcopy -t doesn't get rid of DOS end-of-file

Post by Van Snyd » Wed, 02 Sep 1998 04:00:00

In RedHat Linux 5.0, "mcopy -t foo bar" doesn't remove a DOS end-of-file
mark (^Z) from the end of the file.  Should it?

--
What fraction of Americans believe   |  Van Snyder

1. mmap'd file ends with '!', copy doesn't

I'm sorry, I don't have an answer to your problem but wanted to comment (and
ask) about something..

 #define DIE(X) do { fprintf(stderr, "%s: %s '%s' failed: %s\n", progname,
X, \
file, strerror(errno)); exit(EXIT_FAILURE); } while (0)

Why do people do this? Is there some advantage ?

It looks odd but maybe just because I've never used it (nor have I seen it
used that much) :-)

I've seen it a lot lately in some code I've been looking over and have
wondered what the advantage of defining small functions like that is (if
any)..

Thanks!

-Mitch

2. Linux using LDAP -> Win2K AD

3. using if and endif in shell scripts - getting 'end of file' unexpected

4. gzip/bzip2 filter ?

5. Get rid of a DOS end-of-line character

6. dhcp relaying

7. Linux router & Netscape under 95 : file transfers go to 100% but doesn't end.. ?

8. Handling signals in kernel-only threads

9. getting rid of 'Lame server on ...' messages

10. 'at' jobs - getting rid of mail

11. Getting rid of 'old' kernels

12. Getting rid of 'xeyes'?

13. Getting rid of 'you have mail'