TIFF (Fax - CITT 3) ???

Post by Marcus Braue » Wed, 15 Jul 1998 04:00:00

Hi, I'm searching for a description of a special picture format:

Type: TIFF (Tagged Image File Format)
Sub type: Fax - CITT 3

Please, don't let me die dumb.
Thanks und bye.

TIFF (Fax - CITT 3) ???

Post by Erik de Castro Lop » Thu, 16 Jul 1998 04:00:00

> Hi, I'm searching for a description of a special picture format:

> Type: TIFF (Tagged Image File Format)
> Sub type: Fax - CITT 3

Have a look at http://www.wotsit.org

Erik

"... the industrial-capitalist mode of software production
was doomed to be outcompeted from the moment capitalism
began to create enough of a wealth surplus for many
programmers to live in a post-scarcity gift culture."
-- Eric S. Raymond
(http://www.earthspace.net/~esr/writings/homesteading/homesteading.html)

TIFF (Fax - CITT 3) ???

Post by Eric Hegstro » Thu, 16 Jul 1998 04:00:00

Also you may want to get the adobe TIFF spec from somewhere in
ftp.adobe.com . Also there is a cool tiff library that supports most of
the formats and is very easy. Search on libtiff. Have you looked at the
tiffcp function (man tiffcp).

-eric

> > Hi, I'm searching for a description of a special picture format:

> > Type: TIFF (Tagged Image File Format)
> > Sub type: Fax - CITT 3

> Have a look at http://www.wotsit.org

> Erik

> --
> +-------------------------------------------------+

> +-------------------------------------------------+
> "... the industrial-capitalist mode of software production
> was doomed to be outcompeted from the moment capitalism
> began to create enough of a wealth surplus for many
> programmers to live in a post-scarcity gift culture."
> -- Eric S. Raymond
> (http://www.earthspace.net/~esr/writings/homesteading/homesteading.html)

--
Eric Hegstrom                                   tele: 520-617-0072 x402

1. Printing Tiff Faxes attached to e-mail using Mozilla 1.0

Hi,

I'm using RH 7.1 on an Intel PC. I'm using Mozilla 1.0 I get faxes in
e-mails as tiff files. Saving them and then:

 > fax2ps fax.name.tif | lpr

prints them out nicely, or if I just want to view the Postscript:

 > fax2ps fax.name.tif | gv -

I would like to use the "open" attachment feature to do this
automatically. I'm familiar with opening various types of files using
particular programs. For example, if you have a Postscript attachment,
you can use gv to automatically view it. The problem is, in order to
convert from tiff to ps and then print, I need the file name. I've tried
various ways but can't seem to get hold of the filename. In Netscape,
you used to be able to specify %s for the filename (in fact you had to).
I've also tried setting up a bash script file:

fax2ps $1 | lpr

This works as a script, yet it does not work in Mozilla. (I don't get
error messages - just no output.) Yet if I use display from ImageMagick:

/usr/X11R6/bin/display

this works (it displays the fax - but printing from display is not that
good - each page has to be printed separately). Why does display work
but not my script?

Any help would be appreciated.

Rick B.

2. MT Debugger support.

3. Is postscript -> TIFF (fax) converter available?

4. moving disk from solaris 2.5.1 to solaris 7

5. TIFF - Viewer (Faxes)

6. popa3d security

7. Fax Program - For TIFF Group 4

8. makefile question

9. fax tiff reader

10. tiff & multi-tiff convertion

11. MOO-TIFF vs MOTIF for Linux. LESS-TIFF?

12. Any fax programs available for Class-1 fax modem?

13. Send 20 FREE Pages of Fax to any Fax machines in the World!