Changing program stack size

Post by Frank Shell » Sun, 08 Apr 2001 13:19:21

The applications that I'm writing need a lot more stack space than
seems to be allocated by default.  I've been through the docs
on ld and it is not obvious how to modify the stack allocation.
Any pointers?

Frank

Changing program stack size

Post by Ferenc Wagne » Mon, 09 Apr 2001 06:21:27

Try ulimit:
man bash
/ulimit
Hope this helps you.
                                Feri.

1. Change stack size ?

Hi All.

I have Slackware 96 with kernel 2.0 installed on my Pentium
133 with 32 Mb RAM.
I want to run program which use big data arrays in stack.
Some what about 8-12 Mb. But I can't. Program failed with core.
I belive that stack size has fixed value and it less then I need.

Does anibody knows how I can change stack size ?

(Sorry for my bad english. I have no much practice in it )

2. modem and RedHat 5.0 question

3. How to change pthread stack size more than 64kbytes ?

4. Elementary [Q] on upgrading Linux (Was: Help: PPP...)

5. stack - max stack size (KB)

6. Proxy trace headers

7. Help - how change default stack size on Sparc 2.4?

8. mkswap command

9. Need help with changing stack size (attn parisc folks)

10. Program Stack Size

11. size of stack and heap for main programs

12. OpenMP program causes instant core dump on RedHat 7.1 - possible stack size issue?

13. Program to change my partition sizes w/o losing data ?