Printing library

Post by Danije » Wed, 14 May 2003 05:56:14

Hi.
I'm searching for a printing library that would provide a simple API for
drawing shapes, writing text and putting pictures, like
page.setxy = x, y
page.drawline (length) and so...
And good font manipulation too...

Any raccomendations (C or C++)?

regards.

Printing library

Post by ross » Wed, 14 May 2003 17:40:20

> Hi.
> I'm searching for a printing library that would provide a simple API for
> drawing shapes, writing text and putting pictures, like
> page.setxy = x, y
> page.drawline (length) and so...
> And good font manipulation too...

> Any raccomendations (C or C++)?

> regards.

I have used postscript for this. You just generate the code in your
C/C++ program. After a bit of practice its not that hard, but a good
book on how to do it would be useful. The one I use is "Hands-on
PostScript" by Spring and Dubin from Hayden Books, buts its about 10
years old.

Brenton

1. Good print libraries?

We're looking for a good library that would help us support font usage and
selection for HP printers. Public Domain or Commercial are all ok.  Any
suggestions, ideas or Experiences?

Thanks
Ted Davault
Sonoran Technologies

2. <no subject>

3. X/Motif print libraries

4. Switch performance

5. libraries libraries libraries

6. Umax 6400 Scanner

7. HELP PRINTING -- HELP PRINTING -- HELP PRINTING

8. The number of jobs running ?

9. Printing Printing Printing

10. print shared library dependencies

11. support libraries for printing