Need Help Compiling gtk+-1.1.9

Post by Rick Macchi » Sun, 07 Feb 1999 04:00:00

I am trying to compile gtk+ to support a program I wanted to try out.
Unfortunately, I get the following response when I run "make":

Making all in po
make[2]:  Entering directory `home/rick/gtk+1.1.9/po`
make[2]:   *** No rule to make target `deNONE`, needed by `all-yes`.
 Stop
make[2]:   Leaving directory `home/rick/gtk+1.1.9/po`

At that point, it gives up.

I have downloaded and compiled glib using the default setings.  I used
"./configure --with-glib=../glib-1.1.9.  Please let me know if I need to
change one of the settings in configure, compile a different version of
gtk, comment out the catalogs in the Makefile, or try something else.

Thanks,
Rick Macchio

Need Help Compiling gtk+-1.1.9

Post by Mike Red » Mon, 08 Feb 1999 04:00:00

I had the same problem with an earlier version of GTK, the way Igot around

was editing the Makefile in the po directory.I commented out the catalogs
line it says something like catalogs = deNONE ....
to me, it looked like it was trying to say don't compile anything (deNONE,
and frNONE, nlNONE and what not) I'm pretty sure they are language files,
de=german, fr=french, nl = dutch...so if ya wanna have any of those
languages then just change the catalogs line to read catalogs = de.po (for
german)

Mike

> I am trying to compile gtk+ to support a program I wanted to try out.
> Unfortunately, I get the following response when I run "make":
> Making all in po
> make[2]:  Entering directory `home/rick/gtk+1.1.9/po`
> make[2]:   *** No rule to make target `deNONE`, needed by `all-yes`.
>  Stop
> make[2]:   Leaving directory `home/rick/gtk+1.1.9/po`
> At that point, it gives up.
> I have downloaded and compiled glib using the default setings.  I used
> "./configure --with-glib=../glib-1.1.9.  Please let me know if I need to
> change one of the settings in configure, compile a different version of
> gtk, comment out the catalogs in the Makefile, or try something else.
> Thanks,
> Rick Macchio

Need Help Compiling gtk+-1.1.9

Post by Rick Macchi » Mon, 08 Feb 1999 04:00:00

Thanks for the help Mike.  In the Makefiles, I also had to change the
GLIB_LIBS pointer from libglib-1.1.la to libglib.la.  I did get further, but
it found all kinds of undefined references in testgtk.o.  Is this because
I did not install glib properly or is there more editing to be done in the
Makefiles.

Thanks,
Rick Macchio

> I had the same problem with an earlier version of GTK, the way Igot around

> was editing the Makefile in the po directory.I commented out the catalogs
> line it says something like catalogs = deNONE ....
> to me, it looked like it was trying to say don't compile anything (deNONE,
> and frNONE, nlNONE and what not) I'm pretty sure they are language files,
> de=german, fr=french, nl = dutch...so if ya wanna have any of those
> languages then just change the catalogs line to read catalogs = de.po (for
> german)

> Mike

> > I am trying to compile gtk+ to support a program I wanted to try out.
> > Unfortunately, I get the following response when I run "make":

> > Making all in po
> > make[2]:  Entering directory `home/rick/gtk+1.1.9/po`
> > make[2]:   *** No rule to make target `deNONE`, needed by `all-yes`.
> >  Stop
> > make[2]:   Leaving directory `home/rick/gtk+1.1.9/po`

> > At that point, it gives up.

> > I have downloaded and compiled glib using the default setings.  I used
> > "./configure --with-glib=../glib-1.1.9.  Please let me know if I need to
> > change one of the settings in configure, compile a different version of
> > gtk, comment out the catalogs in the Makefile, or try something else.

> > Thanks,
> > Rick Macchio

1. guile-gtk and gtk+-1.1.13

Has anyone managed to get guile-gtk-0.14 to compile with gtk+-1.1.13?
I also have the gtk+10-1.0.6 and glib10-1.0.6 rpms installed.

First off, with ANY gtk-dependent app I have tried to compile I get a
failure of ./configure when it tries to run a gtk+ test app.  It tells me
that gtk-config is in error or I may have moved the libs since
installation.  I have done nothing to them.  They are rpm-installed and
they have been, and will remain, where they are now and supposed to be
(primarily /usr/lib).  I have examined gtk-config but can see nothing
wrong on the surface, but then, I barely know what I am looking for.

Can anyone help me out on this?

Another problem I get is involving guile.  I have guile-1.3 installed
(rpm).  If I disable the gtk-test app via a configure switch, I get past
that part (with a bunch of errors that leads me to think that guile-gtk
0.14 doesn't like gtk+-1.1.13) but then configure craps out telling me
that it cannot find guile on my system.  I don't know if it is looking for
guile libs or the guile binary.  In any case, they are also where they are
supposed to be, the location is in ld.so.conf and I have even added it to
the PATH in profile.  Nothing has worked.

Can anyone help me out with this?

patrick

2. Apache and Mod_Frontpage

3. gtk+-1.1.2 install problem

4. Suspend in linux ?

5. gtk+-1.1.12 installation problem

6. Cant config en0 on aix 4.3

7. Installing PATCH GTK+-1.1.15-1.1.16

8. A couple of X related observations

9. glib-1.1.15 and gtk+-1.1.15 with RedHat 5.2

10. Compile SMTP-PROXY -1.1.3 with gcc 2.95.3

11. prob w/ bind-4.9.6-1.1 (RedHat 4.2 rpm)

12. Problems - ATI Xpert@Play and XFree86 3.3.3.1-1.1

13. XFree86 3.3.3.1-1.1 total system crash with SVGA Server w/ TNT