Two days ago I posted about a problem with my xxgdb and slackware 3.0.
My main xxgdb window was all messed up with each letter in each word
occuring twice. I have had several reports of other people with the
same problem. Fortunately someone also handed me the solution:
:Hi, I just fixed that problem. You need to get the source code for xxgdb from
:the slackware/source/xapps directory on some slackware mirror. Find the line
:in calldbx.c, (line 367) that reads:
: setvbuf(dbxfp, dbxfbuf, _IONBF, BUFSIZ);
:and change _IONBF to _IOFBF, i.e:
: setvbuf(dbxfp, dbxfbuf, _IOFBF, BUFSIZ);
:After you run xmkmf, make sure that one of the flags is -DSYSV (it is by
:default on my system.) This fixed the problem for me.
I did just this and all my troubles are gone! Hope the people who sent
me email will read this.
Happy debugging and thanks for helping me out here!
Physics Laboratory, Utrecht University tel. : (+31)-(0)30-2534566
P.O. Box 80.000 fax. : (+31)-(0)30-2537555
3508 TA Utrecht, The Netherlands