UNIX include files = linux include files?

UNIX include files = linux include files?

Post by Chri » Tue, 15 Feb 2000 04:00:00

hai:

        i am new to linux. currently i have tried to programme in
linux. i refered to the bookj Nework Programming Interfaces printed by
Unix Press. i tried to run the sample program in the book and than
found that there is an include file missing from Linux include
directory.
        the file is <tiuser.h>. is there any file equavilant to the
file above? or should i use another approach to program the network
software?

Thanx

Christ.

UNIX include files = linux include files?

Post by Lothar Dickhof » Fri, 18 Feb 2000 04:00:00

Hi Christ,

it looks to me that you are trying to use the old network interface
from AT&T.  (the ti.... calls)
This is not a standard protocol like TCP/IP and to my knowledge only
available in
AT&T Unix and eventually in Unixware.

Try man 2 socket and have a look on socket programming.

Regs. Lothar

Quote:>hai:

Post by Juergen Hein » Fri, 18 Feb 2000 04:00:00

>Hi Christ,

>it looks to me that you are trying to use the old network interface
>from AT&T.  (the ti.... calls)
>This is not a standard protocol like TCP/IP and to my knowledge only
>available in
>AT&T Unix and eventually in Unixware.

Neither close nor a cigar ... the tiuser.h is related to the
STREAMS interface, spiffy but not available on BSDish systems
or Linux ...

>Try man 2 socket and have a look on socket programming.

>Regs. Lothar

>>hai:

>> i am new to linux. currently i have tried to programme in
>>linux. i refered to the bookj Nework Programming Interfaces printed by
>>Unix Press. i tried to run the sample program in the book and than
>>found that there is an include file missing from Linux include
>>directory.
>> the file is <tiuser.h>. is there any file equavilant to the
>>file above? or should i use another approach to program the network
>>software?

... see above, not out of the box. You might forget about it and
restrict yourself to plain BSD sockets for the time being.

Cheers,
Juergen

--
\ Real name     : Jrgen Heinzl                 \       no flames      /

UNIX include files = linux include files?

Post by Juergen Hein » Fri, 18 Feb 2000 04:00:00

>Hi Christ,

>it looks to me that you are trying to use the old network interface
>from AT&T.  (the ti.... calls)
>This is not a standard protocol like TCP/IP and to my knowledge only
>available in
>AT&T Unix and eventually in Unixware.

Neither close nor a cigar ... the tiuser.h is related to the
STREAMS interface, spiffy but not available on BSDish systems
or Linux ...

>Try man 2 socket and have a look on socket programming.

>Regs. Lothar

>>hai:

>> i am new to linux. currently i have tried to programme in
>>linux. i refered to the bookj Nework Programming Interfaces printed by
>>Unix Press. i tried to run the sample program in the book and than
>>found that there is an include file missing from Linux include
>>directory.
>> the file is <tiuser.h>. is there any file equavilant to the
>>file above? or should i use another approach to program the network
>>software?

... see above, not out of the box. You might forget about it and
restrict yourself to plain BSD sockets for the time being.

Cheers,
Juergen

--
\ Real name     : Jrgen Heinzl                 \       no flames      /

1. include file error--/usr/include/linux

Hello Linux users:

        I have recently installed Linux on my 486 PC. When I tried
to do some simple compiles, the gcc compiler exited saying that it could
not find limit.h in the /usr/include/linux directory. Sure enough, when I
checked the /usr/include/linux directory it was empty. Aside from the
above mentioned file, what should be in that directory? It seems that the
files the compiler wants are already in the /usr/include or
/usr/include/sys directories. Did I miss something during the
installation?
                        Thanks in advance
                        Greg Tomalesky

|  Greg Tomalesky | Logic is the begining of wisdom, Lieutenant |
|  yrkpa.kias.com | Not the end.                                |
|                 |                     Spock to Valeris        |

2. FreeBSD 4.2 and USB Scanner

3. Linux 0.97pl1 include files v. include/sys

4. OS/2's boot manager ans linux????

5. How to include 1 line after the last #include in a bunch of c-files ?

6. When will MS begin the monthly fees?

7. Include file in an SHTML File with Apache/Digital Unix and Netscape 4.03-05

8. Problem to grab a string out of a Line

9. SSI includes including relative includes?

10. linux header files (include files)

11. ANSIfy include/linux/a.out.h and include/linux/nls.h

12. How to scan C files to find the required include files ?

13. Questions about include files, and make file error