Reading and understanding source code

Post by Diomidis Spinelli » Wed, 25 Jun 2003 18:56:10

A quick note to inform my fellow Linux developers that my book "Code
Reading: The Open Source Perspective" (Addison-Wesley, 2003) is now
available.  All 600 examples I use in the book are drawn from real-world
open source code.  For more details
<http://www.spinellis.gr/codereading>.

--
Diomidis Spinellis                      Assistant Professor
Department of Management Science and Technology      (DMST)

Post by C Johns » Fri, 27 Jun 2003 23:50:39

> A quick note to inform my fellow Linux developers that my book "Code
> Reading: The Open Source Perspective" (Addison-Wesley, 2003) is now
> available.  All 600 examples I use in the book are drawn from real-world
> open source code.  For more details
> <http://www.spinellis.gr/codereading>.

I purchased this book last weekend solely on the original content that
separates it from the other books I normally come across.  I have
started making a habit of reading different source code every day
since then as a result.  This book has really helped me immensely if
for no other reason than to give me the confidence to just look at
code objectively -- without unfairly discounting the original coder OR
my abilities for choice of coding constructs as an example.  For me
that was worth the price of admission alone.

Chris
--
Always learning, never done

1. Reading and understanding source code

A quick note to inform my fellow Linux developers that my book "Code
Reading: The Open Source Perspective" (Addison-Wesley, 2003) is now
available.  All 600 examples I use in the book are drawn from real-world
open source code.  For more details
<http://www.spinellis.gr/codereading>.

--
Diomidis Spinellis                      Assistant Professor
Department of Management Science and Technology      (DMST)
Athens University of Economics and Business          (AUEB)

2. Apache/LDAP

3. Help needed with understanding source code ...

4. Solaris 7 cannot start in graphic mode

5. How to understand Kernel Source code

6. problem with Xconfigurator

7. Any good tool that helps read the source code?

8. question: how to undo linux tapes in dos

9. reading the source code

10. Source code to read Word97 files?

11. what tools can read linux source code in linux7.1?