Reading F1-F10??

Post by Lloyd Weehuiz » Wed, 19 May 1999 04:00:00

Hi!

I was wondering how to determine if an F1-F10 key had been pressed in
a Linux console application?

Thanks a lot!
Lloyd
Lloyd

Reading F1-F10??

Post by Bob Canu » Wed, 19 May 1999 04:00:00

> Hi!

> I was wondering how to determine if an F1-F10 key had been pressed in
> a Linux console application?

> Thanks a lot!
> Lloyd
> Lloyd

Try the following code and see what you get as a result.

#include <stdio.h>

int main(int argc, char *argv[])
{
char x;
        while(x != 0x23)
        {
                x = fgetc(stdin);
                printf("%i ",x);
        }
        return 0;

Quote:}

Reading F1-F10??

Post by Lloyd Weehuiz » Sun, 23 May 1999 04:00:00

>Try the following code and see what you get as a result.

Thanks it worked nicely ;)

Lloyd
Lloyd

1. How can I read the F1 key scan code on unix

Hi all

I can anyone advise or tell me how to read a function key, F1 for example on
the unix platform from a C program.  I would be very greatful if any advice or

The only way I can think of doing this is to manipulate the termcap database
file, but I don't think this would be the best solution.

Thanks in advance.

        ======  Tony  ======

2. Solaris courses (self paced)

3. How to read F1 to F12

4. NOTICE: IP: Fatal error (104) on interface ppp0, marking down.

5. Help: Maximize Alt<key>F10

6. Conley SR1? Raid Controller ?

7. Q: F10 key not working under ZOC 3.13

8. help!! lynx =--> metamail: Can't open temporary file!

9. Control Code for F10??

10. HP Pavilion and "F10 Diagnostics"

11. Using ALT F10

12. get ALT F10 maximize effect from various init files?

13. need help remapping F10 to Copy under KDE