calling functions in a device driver module

calling functions in a device driver module

Post by Mikeywild » Thu, 22 Feb 2001 08:26:04

I am trying to access the functions within my device driver (for a
analog-digital I/O board PCL711).  I have the module loaded.

How do I call the functions within the loaded module from a user space program
to access the circuit board's function?  Or should I load another module and
use ioctl calls to push and pull information to the board?  The various
functions need to be loaded at specific addresses.  I am not sure how ioctl
would work here.

thanks,

Mike Wilder

1. Calling functions in a device driver module

I am trying to access the functions within my device driver (for a
analog-digital I/O board PCL711).  I have the module loaded.

How do I call the functions within the loaded module from a user space program
to access the circuit board's function?  Or should I load another module and
use ioctl calls to push and pull information to the board?  The various
functions need to be loaded at specific addresses.  I am not sure how ioctl
would work here.

thanks,

Mike Wilder

2. Apache 1.2.0 -- Virtual Host Weirdness

3. calling functions in a device driver module

4. To block user login by NIS

5. Device driver calling another device driver.

6. Problem with 1.3-linux port

7. call function of device driver

8. LinuxPPC on PowerWave

9. how to know the instruction address of calling function within called function?

10. Browser calls CGI C function which sets an env var and call a c function crashes

11. Ft. Worth - Linux Kernel Module Programmer - Unix kernel modules & Unix device drivers

12. How to call module's functions?

13. call kernel module functions ?