Problems porting Borland Pascal to Linux with gpc

Problems porting Borland Pascal to Linux with gpc

Post by Kepp » Tue, 21 Sep 1999 04:00:00

I've go very old programs written in Borland Pascal 7.0. I want to port
them to Linux. When I try to compile them with gpc I get this message:
module/unit interface 'Crt' could not be imported.
I've tried -l*path*, but it doesn't work.

Pleas help.

Post by nightstalke » Tue, 21 Sep 1999 04:00:00

> I've go very old programs written in Borland Pascal 7.0. I want to port
> them to Linux. When I try to compile them with gpc I get this message:
> module/unit interface 'Crt' could not be imported.
> I've tried -l*path*, but it doesn't work.

> Pleas help.

i have no experience with the gnu pascal compiler, but it's like this in c

in borland c the crt lib is called conio.h and there is no linux
equivilent, you should
use ncurses for those things. the problem is : i don't know if it is
available for
pascal ..

maybe this can help .. (search for ncurses)

ns.

Post by Bob Tenne » Tue, 21 Sep 1999 04:00:00

 >I've go very old programs written in Borland Pascal 7.0. I want to port
 >them to Linux. When I try to compile them with gpc I get this message:
 >module/unit interface 'Crt' could not be imported.

Try fpc, which is closer to Borland Pascal than gpc.
There's a crt unit in the run-time library.

Bob T.