Broadcasting a video...

Post by Glenn T » Wed, 18 Sep 2002 22:30:21

Hello dear guys,
what would you use to broadcast videos over a TCP/IP network? I'd need
something compatible with MediaPlayer in order to watch these videos with
Windows clients. Anything out there you know about?

1. Broadcasting Live Video over the Internet using Linux?

Hi there!

We are considering in my university broadcasting live video over the
Internet using a technology like RealVideo. I want to set up a new
server, and I want it running Linux -we mostly have Macs in the
communications department :-( -. So, I was wondering if someone could
tell me if there's any good video capture card supported by Linux that
could allow me to do it.

Frankly, I would HATE to have no other choice but setting up a Windows
NT server.

Thanks very much in advance.

Ignacio.

"Criminals today have guns. Soon they will have computers and OTHER
weapons of mass destruction."
Janet Reno, 5 Mar 1998

2. Apache: Using User Authentication

3. Live videos broadcasting

4. Term 2.3.5 & X questions

5. Broadcast RPC (Well, any network broadcast code...)

6. Solaris 10 books

7. Live Video Broadcasts - Linux Capable?

8. A newbie question: Is LINUX right for me??

9. Trying to DNAT to Broadcast-Adress / how can I tunnel a broadcast through a firewall

10. Network Video Broadcast (not conference) Available?

11. NVIDIA: Video In, TV out, Video In Player, & Video Editor...

12. THINKPAD 770X REDHAT6.0 USING X-WINDOWS VIDEO VIDEO VIDEO THINKPAD 770X

13. Video Subtitling (was Re: Video Editing on Linux?)