fax send/receive over isdn

Post by Henning Verbee » Mon, 20 Apr 1998 04:00:00

Hi,

Sorry, I'm not sure wether this is the right newsgroup to post my
question in.

Is there any way of receiving/sending faxes over a passive isdn-card
(teles 16.3). All the howto's I read said that this would not be
possible at the moment.

Any idea?

Thanks, Hank

fax send/receive over isdn

Post by Sid Boyc » Tue, 21 Apr 1998 04:00:00

> Hi,

> Sorry, I'm not sure wether this is the right newsgroup to post my
> question in.

> Is there any way of receiving/sending faxes over a passive isdn-card
> (teles 16.3). All the howto's I read said that this would not be
> possible at the moment.

> Any idea?

> Thanks, Hank

        According to the docs, a group was working on it and according to the
isdn4linux developer, it looks like it will never work, but I wondered if that
was not his little joke.
        I'd also like to see something that allows use of the second (telephone) port
on the 16.3 SO/AB for normal voice telephone useage.
Regards
--
... Sid Boyce...Amdahl(UK)...44-121 422 0375
                   -----------------------------------

1. Neuhaus Smarty 28.8 TI not sending faxes, only receiving

Hi,

perhaps someone of you is more succesful in using this faxmodem under
hylafax ;-)
With my current config.modem file receiving faxes is no problem at all.

But when sending a fax the modem starts connecting and then it seems not
finding the right "handshake" with the other faxmachine.

Anyone having functioning config.modem parameters for this modem?

Bye

Hans Posthumus

2. Invisible COM2 port :-O

3. efax v0.6 (easy fax send/receive)

4. unknown message in /va/radm/messages

5. modgetty, send- receive fax and voice calls

6. Displaying Open File Descriptors for a Process

7. Fax sending and receiving

8. Sorry, PPP is not available on this system

9. FAX send/receive app exists?

10. Good Fax (Send/Receive) application

11. Q: How to FAX (send&receive) with Linux?

12. Use Linux to send/receive fax?

13. Any good Fax send/receive programs for Linux & X