Linux Software Advice Wanted!!

Post by to » Wed, 22 Apr 1998 04:00:00

 m> Can anyone recommend a bunch of Software for
 m> Linux, Graphic Programs, Animation - and any
 m> Web-authoring tools thats good, FTP etc.. Is
i've been doing my webpage (http://home.onestop.net/arena/) with gimp and mc
since day one. gimp is *the* linux graphics tool and mc has the text-editor to
edit the html files and the ftp capabilities to transfer them to the server.

 m> there a Site somewhere with links/downloads?
http://www.linuxhq.com/

1. Linux Software Advice Wanted!!

: Hi,

: Can anyone recommend a bunch of Software for
: Linux, Graphic Programs, Animation - and any
: Web-authoring tools thats good, FTP etc.. Is
: there a Site somewhere with links/downloads?
: I'm setting up a Linux X-Windows or Red Hat?
: Any recommendations which is best.

: Thanks for your advice!

For graphics editing, use the GIMP, at from http://www.gimp.org
it's free software.  I'm not sure what to use for animation, but
for web design the best thing I've found is called vi, a version
is available from ftp://ftp.cdrom.com/pub/unixfreeware/editors/vim/unix
Red Hat is a distribution of Linux, its most notable feature being
RPM, a package management system which allows you to install
and remove different bits of software easily, and will warn
of broken dependencies.

NOTE: a great many groups removed.

--
"I have never found the companion that was so companionable as
solitude."

2. Home-Lan question

3. advice wanted for linux software/hw raid

4. Re-Formating Hard Drives

5. Advice wanted: backup software for Sun/Solaris

6. Different Umasks

7. advice wanted on "on-line software"

8. 2.4.19-rc1-ac4

9. Wanted: Scheduler software wanted

10. Advice wanted - linux as a PPP router

11. Amature to LINUX wants advice

12. Advice wanted - Linux server sharing windows applications?