Wanted: SW CASE Tool for Linux! Any out there?

Wanted: SW CASE Tool for Linux! Any out there?

Post by Michael Ha » Sun, 23 Apr 1995 04:00:00

Hi, all!
I'm looking for a CASE tool for Linux,
something to help with design/analysis,
Yourdon or Booch or whomever...

Does anyone have any pointers to such a thing?
Thanks!
--
Mike Hall

--
Mike Hall

Post by Edmund Humenberg » Mon, 24 Apr 1995 04:00:00

: Hi, all!
: I'm looking for a CASE tool for Linux,
: something to help with design/analysis,
: Yourdon or Booch or whomever...

What about Sniff++

It is the integrated development package Taligent is using.

sorry but commercial.
Sniff 1.2 prox 300USD
Sniff 2.0 frox 4500 USD

all availiable for linux

you can have more information from me.

: Does anyone have any pointers to such a thing?
: Thanks!
: --
: Mike Hall

: --
: Mike Hall

--
=========================
dies ist meine signature

Wanted: SW CASE Tool for Linux! Any out there?

Post by David Blackbu » Tue, 25 Apr 1995 04:00:00

Look at OOD (Object Oriented Designer). It supports OMT. I think there might
be problems, but it's worth a look. I remember someone else compiling it, but
don't know if they uploaded it anywhere. It requires Motif & C++. The source
is available at:

 ftp.x.org    /contrib/devel_tools/OOD (also export.lcs.mit.edu)

Post by Philippe McLe » Tue, 25 Apr 1995 04:00:00

   Look at OOD (Object Oriented Designer). It supports OMT. I think there might
   be problems, but it's worth a look. I remember someone else compiling it, but
   don't know if they uploaded it anywhere. It requires Motif & C++. The source
   is available at:

    ftp.x.org    /contrib/devel_tools/OOD (also export.lcs.mit.edu)

Amazing code. It appears as though the author passed it through some
kind of obfuscating filter. (No, seriously, I think the intent is to
foil human comprehension and thwart would-be *s.) Thoughts?

Philippe

Post by Claudio Flein » Tue, 25 Apr 1995 04:00:00

>   Look at OOD (Object Oriented Designer). It supports OMT. I think there might
>   be problems, but it's worth a look. I remember someone else compiling it, but
>    ftp.x.org    /contrib/devel_tools/OOD (also export.lcs.mit.edu)

Is there a binary for Linux available somewhere?

Thanks, Claudio

International Computer Science Institute, 1947 Center Street, Berkeley
Tel: (510) 643-9153,   Fax: (510) 643-7684

Post by Ivan A. Beverid » Tue, 25 Apr 1995 04:00:00

: Hi, all!
: I'm looking for a CASE tool for Linux,
: something to help with design/analysis,
: Yourdon or Booch or whomever...

I have heard of Ptolomey, which (I think) is a design -> code tool (ie
you specify the design and it outputs code). I do not know what this is like.
The Linux patch is on sunsite.unc.edu under something like /pub/linux/develop
(I think).

Ivan
--

Post by Frank Bot » Tue, 25 Apr 1995 04:00:00

: Hi, all!
: I'm looking for a CASE tool for Linux,
: something to help with design/analysis,
: Yourdon or Booch or whomever...

: Does anyone have any pointers to such a thing?
: Thanks!
: --
There is a CASE Tool called 'ood' on sunsite

bye
Frank

Waldmannstr. 6 | Tel.   (+49) (561) 4910614
34132 Kassel   |

Wanted: SW CASE Tool for Linux! Any out there?

Post by Steven Buytae » Wed, 26 Apr 1995 04:00:00

: >
: >   Look at OOD (Object Oriented Designer). It supports OMT. I think there might
: >   be problems, but it's worth a look. I remember someone else compiling it, but
: >    ftp.x.org    /contrib/devel_tools/OOD (also export.lcs.mit.edu)
: >
: Is there a binary for Linux available somewhere?

  Yes,

  I compiled a version some months ago and uploaded it (same spot).

  If you want to :
        [ ] experiment with,
        [ ] moan about
        [ ] check out,
        [ ] sweat over,
        [ ] swear on,
        [ ] cry over,
        (cross at least 3)

  this OOD, then by all means, get the source and the linux binaries.

  If you want a CASE tool, then don't.

--
Steven Buytaert

        'Imagination is more important than knowledge.'
                        (A. Einstein)

Post by Marueli Sun » Wed, 26 Apr 1995 04:00:00

: Hi, all!
: I'm looking for a CASE tool for Linux,
: something to help with design/analysis,
: Yourdon or Booch or whomever...

: Does anyone have any pointers to such a thing?
: Thanks!
: --
: Mike Hall

: --
: Mike Hall

Not sure - but did you check the CASE directory in SunSite ?

Post by Susan Whith » Sun, 30 Apr 1995 04:00:00

: Hi, all!
: I'm looking for a CASE tool for Linux,
: something to help with design/analysis,
: Yourdon or Booch or whomever...

: Does anyone have any pointers to such a thing?
: Thanks!
: --
: Mike Hall

: --
: Mike Hall

Hiya,
  This is (unfortunately) only a me too follow-up :(  If Anyone out there
knows of any even half-way decent design tools (ie. Data-Flow Diagrams,
ERD's, etc.), or any package that might include them, could they _please_
post? :)  I'd love to get my hands on something like that, it would be
another nail in my MS-DOS partitions coffin :)

Thanks,
Gimila :)

1. Case Tool wanted

I am hunting for a tool to help me graphicaly display function calling
lists.  I had a tool called Easycase, but it ran under the DOS platform.
I would really like to get a hold of a Unix program that would do the
same.  I am running under x-windows on a sparc-2 xterminal.  Thanx

2. SCO NETWARE

3. Recommendations wanted for workstations and CASE tools

4. The Best Form of Installation

5. Tools Tools Tools ... wanted

6. Help: Kernel file I/O

7. Development Tool, Project, CASE Tool

8. [COMPAT] Allow for architectures to override {get,put}_compat_flock64

9. SW Design tools in Linux?

10. Wanted: Invoicing sw for Linux

11. LINUX OO CASE tool

12. CASE Tool for Linux