Visual Basic for Linux?

Post by Bob Sali » Mon, 22 May 1995 04:00:00

Is there a visual basic development effort for Linux? Can someone
give me a pointer to it?

Bob Salita                                       software developer

       Phil Zimmermann, PGP author, is a hero, not a criminal!
       Help Phil by using this slogan on your email.

Visual Basic for Linux?

Post by Scott Ran » Sat, 27 May 1995 04:00:00

>Is there a visual basic development effort for Linux? Can someone
>give me a pointer to it?

MetaCard is the closest thing to VB on Linux (or any other Unix system
for that matter) that I'm aware of.  You can get more information on
MetaCard from http://www/metacard.com/ or get the demo via anonymous
FTP from ftp.metacard.com:/MetaCard.
>--
>Bob Salita                                       software developer

>       Phil Zimmermann, PGP author, is a hero, not a criminal!
>       Help Phil by using this slogan on your email.

1. Announce: Visual Basic 5 Linux

VBVM is a portable version of MS Visual Basic 5 virtual machine.
VBVM enables unmodified VB5 executable files, compiled using the
pcode option, to execute on most computing platforms. Using VBVM,
VB5 programmers will be able to write multi-user, cross-platform
applications. UNIX programmers will be able to use VB5 as a UNIX
application development tool.

Proof-of-concept beta versions are now available for Linux, AIX,
DOS and Win 95/NT. Additional information and software is at
http://SoftworksLtd.com.

This is the initial announcement of VBVM availablility.

Softworks Limited                             http://SoftworksLtd.com
 Author of Softworks VBVM, a portable Visual Basic 5 Virtual Machine.
        Hold the Java. Run VB5 programs on any computer system.

2. changing a users shell

3. visual basic for linux

4. Questions about DOS\FDISK & Linux install

5. Enlightenment: Error in loading shared Libraries

6. Visual Basic & Linux

7. GCC FAQ. Read this before posting.

8. Visual Basic And Linux

9. visual basic alike and linux

10. Visual Basic for Windows on Linux ?

11. SMTP / POP with Visual Basic 6 and Linux

12. Is there a "Visual Basic" for Linux?