We are happy to announce the release of v0.8 of the ROOT system.
ROOT is an object oriented framework developed in the context
of the NA49 heavy ion collaboration at CERN. The primary aim of ROOT
is to provide an environment for large scale data analysis:
histograming, ntuples, trees, fitting and minimization, graphics,
object database, GUI and an interpreter.
The main features of this new version are:
- Integration of a full C/C++ interpreter
- Rootcint dictionary generator
- Consolidated I/O subsystem
- Many new graphics features and improved GUI
- Dynamic linking of shared libraries
- Extended documentation, examples and tutorials
Libraries and executables are available for a large variety of Unix
platforms, Windows/NT and Windows95.
More information is available via the ROOT Home page at location:
The ROOT development team.
Rene Brun, Nenad Buncic, Valery Fine & Fons Rademakers
Org: CERN, European Laboratory for Particle Physics.
Mail: 1211 Geneve 23, Switzerland Phone: +41 22 7679248