Libraries needed for sybperl

Post by Brian Huddleston--System Administrat » Tue, 16 Jul 1996 04:00:00

I'm trying to get the sybperl-2.05 module compiled under linux.  However
when I run Makefile.PL it complains:

Writing Makefile for Sybase::BCP
Warning (will try anyway): No library found for -ltli
Writing Makefile for Sybase::CTlib
Warning (will try anyway): No library found for -lsybdb
Warning (will try anyway): No library found for -ltli
Writing Makefile for Sybase::DBlib
Writing Makefile for Sybase::Sybperl
Writing Makefile for Sybase

I downloaded the devlib.tgz and the sybase.tgz files from Sybase's web
site but they don't seem to include the library I need.

I *assume* from the FAQ that I need libsybdb.so, but that wasn't in the
archives (or any *.so files for that matter).

So, of course, once I compile the thing I get a load of "Unable to resolve
symbol" errors.

Could someone who has compiled this successfully give me a quick pointer
or RTFM?  (But please tell me which M I need to FR ;)

System Administrator |      or                       |(I'm work-      /   \

1. Need a Shared Library Guru: beyond simple shared library question

I need to come up with a shared library whose name and function names are NOT
known at compile/link time - only known at runtime. This requires the
application program to be able to dynamically load a shared library at runtime
whose name is in a variable and request a function whose name is also in
a variable.

It would work like this: At run the application program would make a system
call to dynamically load a library by the name of the string it passed. Once
loaded, the application would, using a "handle" to the library, request a
reference to a function in the library passing the name of the function. In
servicing the request the library would lookup the function name in its table
and return a pointer to the function. The application would call the function
using the pointer.

If you're familiar with Windows (I'm not that familiar with) it would be
equivalent to the "LoadLibrary" and "GetProcAddress" functions in Windows.

I've read through a number of FAQs and group posting and so far haven't come
across anything of this nature.

ANY HELP YOU CAN PROVIDE WOULD BE WELCOME!!!

TIA, Mike

--

5910 N Central Exprwy, Suite 800   phone: (214)891-6638
Dallas, TX 75206-5140              fax:   (214)987-8187

2. Home networking troubleshooting help.

3. libraries libraries libraries

4. System call for current machine load ?

5. sybperl

6. DUN from WINDOWS2000 to redhat linux 7.2

7. Sybperl on Linux

8. Bad Magic Number in Superblock - Recoverable?

9. Sybperl Help

10. SybPerl

11. Apache mod_perl & sybperl

12. sybperl