Help for ADA under os Linux

Post by DHENIN Rodolp » Thu, 29 Oct 1998 04:00:00

Hello,

I am a new user of Linux.os and i have just installed the Red Hat release.
I would like to compile some programs of Ada. In this way, i have set up adaX11
for Linux and a directory called "ADA" appeared. I have edited some ada programs with
emacs and i realized that emacs let me compile with the option "Compile...".
but when i do it, emacs execute "make -k name.ada" and it generates errors...

I got adaX11 for Linux on the server of Geneve Informatic (CUI) on clicking on GNAT...

(Sorry for my bad english...)

I wish very nice people helped me!!! (i'm sorry, i'm just a beginner)...

Help for ADA under os Linux

Post by DHENIN Rodolp » Thu, 29 Oct 1998 04:00:00

Hello,

I am a new user of os Linux.(Red Hat release).
I would like to make some programs of ADA. I have just set up X11ADA on my
OS (program available on Geneve Informatic Server by clicking on GNAT...).
I can edit some ada programs with "emacs" ans this editor let me compile
with the option "Compile".
But, when I do it, it executes "Make -k name.ada" and makes some errors...
What should I do for anything right, for binding my program?

Sorry for my bad English (and sorry for my question, i am just a beginer)

Help for ADA under os Linux

Post by David M. Co » Fri, 30 Oct 1998 04:00:00

Quote:>but when i do it, emacs execute "make -k name.ada" and it generates errors...

When you first compile (M-x compile) you can change the command used to
compile.  Then after that you can recompile (M-x recompile).  I bound these
to F8 and F9 respectively in my .emacs:

(global-set-key [(f8)] 'compile)
(global-set-key [(f9)] 'recompile)

You can also change the default compile-command:

(setq compile-command '("command to compile ada file" . 7))

The seven will move the cursor 7 characters to the right of the beginning of
the command.

Or you could write a makefile and use the default compile-command.  You may
want to ask another Ada programmer for a makefile you can use as a template.

Dave Cook