How to install gtk+ / glib

1. Installing GTK+/glib

I have installed glib, followed by GTK+. However, on the configure for
GTK+ I get the following error message:

checking for extra flags to get ANSI library prototypes... none needed
checking for extra flags for POSIX compliance... none needed
checking for glib-config... /usr/local/bin/glib-config
checking for GLIB - version >= 1.2.8... no
*** Could not run GLIB test program, checking why...
*** The test program compiled, but did not run. This usually means
*** that the run-time linker is not finding GLIB or finding the wrong
*** version of GLIB. If it is not finding GLIB, you'll need to set your
*** LD_LIBRARY_PATH environment variable, or edit /etc/ld.so.conf to
point
*** to the installed location  Also, make sure you have run ldconfig if
that
*** is required on your system
***
*** If you have an old version installed, it is best to remove it,
although
*** you may also be able to get things to work by modifying
LD_LIBRARY_PATH
***
*** If you have a RedHat 5.0 system, you should remove the GTK package
that
*** came with the system with the command
***
***    rpm --erase --nodeps gtk gtk-devel
configure: error:
*** GLIB 1.2.8 or better is required. The latest version of GLIB
*** is always available from ftp://ftp.gtk.org/.

I believe I installed GLIB correctly, and at this point I am at a loss
as to what to do.

Any suggestions? Antonio.

2. qdaemon messages

3. gtk+ wont install because of glib

4. can't locate module sound??

5. Compile/Install problem with glib-1.2.10 and gtk+1.2.10

6. Apache Version

7. Trouble installing GLIB and GTK+

8. RPC program not registred

9. How to install gtk+ and glib in Redhat 5.0

10. Can't install glib and gtk 1.2.1

11. glib-1.2.3 and gtk-1.2.3 install problem

12. xmms (x11amp) glib/gtk+ RH6 Newbie install

13. How to install glib and gtk+