Any Linux Newbie Developer Resources on Web?

Any Linux Newbie Developer Resources on Web?

Post by Darth Whoopee! the fun-loving Dark Lor » Thu, 25 May 2000 04:00:00

Hello,  my name is Darth Whoopee (hi, Darth!), and I'm a recovering
Winaholic (screw you, Darth!)

Just installed Linux (Slackware 7) on Thursday; have not yet come up for
air.  Are there any "introductions" to Linux development on the Web (or
somewhere on the distribution CDs, even)?  Linux is tres cool, beyond even
the dreams of ice (if ice dreamed, that is).

C programming is not my forte (I'm a recovering Visual Basic *) but I
do have some knowledge of it, and C++ is in the pipeline.  I'd like to find
equivalents, if possible, of the HOWTOs:  e.g. HOWTO-Interprocess
Communication, etc, or something of that nature.

Cheers, peace, sayanora, and the medication has cleared up my breathing
problems.

Any Linux Newbie Developer Resources on Web?

Quote:

Try http://www.veryComputer.com/

--
Frank V. Castellucci
http://www.veryComputer.com/

Any Linux Newbie Developer Resources on Web?

Post by Peter Mortens » Thu, 25 May 2000 04:00:00

On Wed, 24 May 2000 10:03:31 +1000, "Darth Whoopee!  the fun-loving

>Hello,  my name is Darth Whoopee (hi, Darth!), and I'm a recovering
>Winaholic (screw you, Darth!)

>Just installed Linux (Slackware 7) on Thursday; have not yet come up for
>air.  Are there any "introductions" to Linux development on the Web (or
>somewhere on the distribution CDs, even)?  Linux is tres cool, beyond even
>the dreams of ice (if ice dreamed, that is).

>C programming is not my forte (I'm a recovering Visual Basic *) but I
>do have some knowledge of it, and C++ is in the pipeline.  I'd like to find
>equivalents, if possible, of the HOWTOs:  e.g. HOWTO-Interprocess
>Communication, etc, or something of that nature.

You start at <http://www.veryComputer.com/~pm/unixrefs.html>, leading to
e.g. <http://www.veryComputer.com/;

                  "Real work requires periods of unbroken concentration,
                   between half an hour and a few hours." --Dave Harris
--

Regards,
Peter Mortensen

Software Engineer, M.Sc.E.E.                    FAX: +45 63 15 20 40
Bioinformatics Application developer          Phone: +45 63 15 20 37
Proteomics Technology, MDS Protana A/S               +45 63 15 20 30 (SwB)
<http://www.veryComputer.com/~pm/>
DKK 26600 (US$ 3800) charge to accept unsolicited commercial messages.
Echelon illegal secret * corruption bribe return commision.