Enchanted Linux Project

Post by Jari Soderho » Tue, 29 Oct 1996 04:00:00

How about a Linux looking like this ?

http://www.cse.unsw.edu.au/~s2154962/enlightenment.html

Jari

Enchanted Linux Project

Post by H. Ba » Wed, 30 Oct 1996 04:00:00

>How about a Linux looking like this ?
>http://www.cse.unsw.edu.au/~s2154962/enlightenment.html

If you haven't seen this page yet, check it out.
It's awesome.

Bo.

Enchanted Linux Project

Post by Jussi-Pekka Sairane » Tue, 05 Nov 1996 04:00:00

> How about a Linux looking like this ?

> http://www.cse.unsw.edu.au/~s2154962/enlightenment.html

> Jari

I hope not. It looks more suitable to a Hollywood movie than a
programmer's desktop. A classic case of form before function.

Jussi-Pekka

Enchanted Linux Project

Post by Mark Swans » Sat, 09 Nov 1996 04:00:00

Quote:>> http://www.cse.unsw.edu.au/~s2154962/enlightenment.html

>I hope not. It looks more suitable to a Hollywood movie than a
>programmer's desktop. A classic case of form before function.

>Jussi-Pekka

Why not stick to Herc graphics on monocrome monitors..

1. Secure Linux Project/ Exokernel Project???

Okay, Okay, I was reading on secure OS's, and the idea of secure
operatiing systems.
        So I had this idea, how about starting the SECURE LINUX project.
Trusted Mach has been in development for a while, so why not a trusted
linux??
        If we implement it as a exokernel, then it would allow use to 'glue'
several OS interfaces on top, such as 'Linux'..
        Linux would take a certain performance hit, but I believe we can  make
it so that it is still faster than NT, and WAY more secure.

        Anyway, this is JUST AN IDEA, so no flames, just constructive comments.

        It would be cool if we could document it and design it well enough to
hit B2 level...... ;)

        Anyway, over the summer, I'll try an lay out the necessary Monitors and
security ideas. KISS...

        -Daniel Joyce

2. A great Shockwave flash movie

3. Project LIMP - The Linux Image Montage Project

4. Apache & Solaris 7 on SUN 10000

5. Submit Your Projects Logo to LIMP - The Linux Image Montage Project

6. Avoiding disk access

7. Project Manager for Linux: Mr Project

8. Network problem between two PC's

9. Announcing Project LIMP - The Linux Image Montage Project

10. Project Management Software for *nix similar to MS Project?

11. Linux International's Linux Promotion Project (LPP)

12. Project problem - linux printer portProject problem - linux printer port