SERIAL-PROGRAMMING-howto on your Linux Box.Quote:> Where can I find source code demonstrating RS232 serial port access?
> (Reading and writing from/to COM ports)
http://www.automatix.de to Mail me: remove: -not-for-spawm-
1. Sockets: write() writes OK, yet read() reads garbage...?
Strange thing happens. There is a TCP socket established between A and B. Some
information flows OK between the two. However, one particular sequence of
communication does not. A writes a command to B, and immediately goes into
read() for a responce. B does something with the message and writes back to A a
struct, with some fields set to important values. When A reads it (as the same
struct - both use the same header file), however, it contains garbage. All the
fiels are set to 0 (zero). And it reads the correct size of the struct:
n = read( sock, &preamble, sizeof(preamble) );
if( n < 0 || n > sizeof(preamble) )
What/where can the problem be? Does A (or maybe B) have to flush the socket
after it wrote a command, to make sure it does not read its own packet back?
2. Strange System Hang when using swap?
3. Help: ./demo/demo: error in loading shared libraries: liballeg-3.9.36.so
4. Kernel 2.0.36 bug: initrd incompatible with UMSDOS root file system
5. Question on writing c program implement cp function using UNIX system calls - read, write, etc.
6. Help please...NT4.0 and Linux dual boot
8. Problems installing RedHat to use the Paritition Magic boot manager.
9. Need help writing C program using UNIX system calls (read, write, etc) that copies files
10. reading from rs232 tty in ULTRIX
11. Serial I/O RS232 programming problem (wait for 10ms and read string)
13. How to share read-only to one client and read-write to all others?