library dlopen linker

Post by RILLET Romari » Sat, 28 Jun 2003 04:45:13

I have a main program and and a library that both use a class Class1 and a
global array. The main program load the library with dlopen.
In the code of the library, I create a new class1 and the method of this
class use the array defined in the program insted of the library. It seem
that the code called is the one linked with the program instead of the code
linked with the library.

How can I tell the linker (or whatever is causing the problem) that code in
the library should use symbol of the library, not the symbol with the same
name in the main program.

I use RedHat 9.0, Gcc.

Romaric RILLET

library dlopen linker

Post by John Reise » Sat, 28 Jun 2003 07:18:05

 > How can I tell the linker (or whatever is causing the problem) that code in
 > the library should use symbol of the library, not the symbol with the same
 > name in the main program.

"info ld" search for "-Bsymbolic".

g++ -shared -Wl,-Bsymbolic -o libfoo.so ...

1. dynamic linker: /usr/local/bin/perl: symbol not found: dlopen

Hi,

I am running SCO 5.0.4 with
Release Supplement for SCO OpenServer Release 5.0.4 (ver rs.Unix504.0.1.a)
and
the OSR Compat package installed.

The development system is NOT installed.

I installed perl from the VOLS on the skunkware site:

This is perl, version 5.005_03 built for i386-sco
Copyright 1987-1999, Larry Wall

but each time i attempt to use a DB module (i.e. AnyDBM_File, GDBM, SDBM,
etc), i receive the following error:
dynamic linker: /usr/local/bin/perl: symbol not found: dlopen
Killed

My syntax is the following:

#!/usr/local/bin/perl
use DB_File;

I searched the tech articles (thats why installed the OSR Compat package)
but cannot seem to get around this problem.

if anyone has any suggestions, i would very much appreciate it.

Thanks,

Scott

2. DHCPD VS DHCPCD

3. dlopen(2) and Linker Scripts

4. **HELP** Suggest hardware for Linux (multiuser)

5. Bugs in shared libraries (dlopen / dlclose)..

6. Is logwatch indicating I'm an open mail relay?

7. dlopen and threaded libraries

8. Can't run VI

9. Shared Library Problem::: dlopen()

10. SunOS : dlopen'able objects and libraries

11. Problem with dlopen and custom shared library.

13. Problem loading a shared library with dlopen