Any Good Linux Programming Tutorials?

Post by Beatle » Sun, 09 Sep 2001 00:01:03

I'm new to linux programming. I'd like to start learning how to do some
system and apps programming in linux. Any good sources is suggested?
Tutorials?

and what is the language you people using? Thx~

Post by Friedrich Dominicu » Sun, 09 Sep 2001 16:49:08

> I'm new to linux programming. I'd like to start learning how to do some
> system and apps programming in linux. Any good sources is suggested?
> Tutorials?

<AD>
Well we have put together some Linux programming examples. Especially
interesting may be those about GTK+. Anyway it costs something.

Visit www.q-software-solutions.com for more details.
</AD>

Quote:

> and what is the language you people using? Thx~

In those examples? C
In general: a bunch of others.

Till then
Friedrich

Post by Erik de Castro Lop » Sun, 09 Sep 2001 18:21:06

> > I'm new to linux programming. I'd like to start learning how to do some
> > system and apps programming in linux. Any good sources is suggested?
> > Tutorials?
> <AD>
> Well we have put together some Linux programming examples. Especially
> interesting may be those about GTK+. Anyway it costs something.

Are those the same examples that can been seen at www.gtk.org for free?

Erik

"640K ought to be enough for anybody."  -- Bill Gates, 1981

Any Good Linux Programming Tutorials?

Post by Jan Pantelt » Tue, 11 Sep 2001 01:32:02

On a sunny day (Fri, 7 Sep 2001 23:01:03 +0800) it happened "BeatleS"

Quote:>I'm new to linux programming. I'd like to start learning how to do some
>system and apps programming in linux. Any good sources is suggested?
>Tutorials?

/usr/info/libc.info*

Quote:

>and what is the language you people using? Thx~

English

If not that C

Any Good Linux Programming Tutorials?

Post by Friedrich Dominicu » Tue, 11 Sep 2001 15:16:54

Quote:

> Are those the same examples that can been seen at www.gtk.org for
>free?

No

Regards
Friedrich

Any Good Linux Programming Tutorials?

Post by Carsten Pfeiffe » Sun, 16 Sep 2001 02:00:57

Ho,

Quote:> I'm new to linux programming. I'd like to start learning how to do some
> system and apps programming in linux. Any good sources is suggested?
> Tutorials?

For KDE applications, see http://developer.kde.org. There you find
references to books (online available and/or in paper), tutorials,
documentation, ...

Quote:> and what is the language you people using? Thx~

C++, Java

Cheers
Carsten Pfeiffer