Help: looking for ratfor

Post by Man-kit Wo » Wed, 14 Jun 1995 04:00:00

Hi,

I am looking for ratfor compiler in order to convert *.r files to
*.f file. Anyone can send me some info about how I can get it
or contact the company which products "ratfor". I need ratfor
to get PISCES compiled in Linux. I would appreciate if someone
can share his/her experience regarding this matter with me.

Thanks

Mankit

Help: looking for ratfor

Post by roo » Tue, 20 Jun 1995 04:00:00

>I am looking for ratfor compiler in order to convert *.r files to
>*.f file. Anyone can send me some info about how I can get it
>or contact the company which products "ratfor". I need ratfor
>to get PISCES compiled in Linux. I would appreciate if someone
>can share his/her experience regarding this matter with me.

Ratfor has been replaced by a new language named "C". This new language
has all of the features of ratfor but it doesn't require a FORTRAN compiler
to run your programs. If you can find an old book in a library called
"Software Tools" you should be able to understand the differences between
Ratfor and "C" well enough to translate the program.

I used to program in Ratfor in 1978 on an old Xerox minicomputer
with a special plain paper printer that worked like a photocopier except
that it took rolls of paper. This was before the laser printer existed.

1. Help: ratfor & struct

I have some problems concering RATFOR and struct. I have
a big package of FORTRAN77-Programs and try to convert
this to C. As my following projects have to supply C
** and ** FORTRAN77 code I try and write them in RATFOR.
Now my Questions:
1. Does anyone have a ** struct ** version that
correctly handles GOTO statements and full FORTRAN77?
2. Is there something like a RATFOR manual apart from
the RATFOR.doc that explains switches, usage etc.?
3. Has anyone some literature about RATFOR and struct ?

Any help will be greatly appreciated !! :-)

mike

|    If carpenters made buildings the way programmers      |
|    make programs, the first woodpecker to come along     |
|    would destroy all of civilisation.  -Anonym.          |
|        ("Practical C Programming", ISBN 1-56592-035-X)   |
|   Michael J. Winckler                                    |
|   Institut fuer Wiss. Rechnen                            |
|   Im Neuenheimer Feld 368                                |
|   69120 Heidelberg                                       |
|   Germany                                                |

2. 6th USENIX Security Symposium Program & Registration Information

3. Ratfor on an RS/6000?

4. AppleTalk for HP OpenView?

5. Has anyone brought up ratfor on RS/6000?

6. PORTS update

7. Info about ratfor and/or efl

8. NIS+ and non-root domains

9. Looking for a font that will look OK in all my applications

10. vpn - not sure if its what Im looking for - looking for advice

11. Utter newbie end-user looking for where to look

12. GNOME install looking for xlock, xlock looking for???

13. RH71: Confused Quotas - quotaon looking for quota.user, edquota looking for aquota.user