GCC compile problem.

Post by Yiu » Fri, 02 Feb 2001 02:56:32

I am a newbie to writing C++ program on the Linux machine. I have use the
gcc to compile my C++ code but somehow the gcc doesn't work on my C++ code.
It said can't find those C++ libraries and headers. It just recognizes the
standard C code. What should I do?
Thanks.

Yiu

GCC compile problem.

Post by Harald Arnese » Fri, 02 Feb 2001 03:54:06

> I am a newbie to writing C++ program on the Linux machine. I have use the
> gcc to compile my C++ code but somehow the gcc doesn't work on my C++ code.
> It said can't find those C++ libraries and headers. It just recognizes the
> standard C code. What should I do?

Compile C++-programs with g++, not gcc.
--
Harald Arnesen, Apall?kkveien 23 A, N-0956 Oslo, Norway

GCC compile problem.

Post by benoit mordele » Fri, 02 Feb 2001 03:54:47

> I am a newbie to writing C++ program on the Linux machine. I have use the
> gcc to compile my C++ code but somehow the gcc doesn't work on my C++ code.
> It said can't find those C++ libraries and headers. It just recognizes the
> standard C code. What should I do?
> Thanks.

> Yiu

1. check that you have installed libstdc++ (/usr/lib/libstdc++*)

2. use g++ instead of gcc

ben

1. gcc compiling problem: configure: error: installation or configuration problem: C compiler cannot create executables.

hello all I'm trying to install php on Solaris 8, but when it tries to
compile using gcc 2.95.3 i get the following message

checking whether the C compiler (gcc  ) works... no
configure: error: installation or configuration problem: C compiler
cannot create executables.

my config.log file looks like this:

I have read similar posts just like this one here:
http://groups.google.com/groups?hl=en&lr=&ie=UTF8&oe=UTF8&threadm=9pr...

as well as this information:
From the Solaris 2 FAQ:

  http://www.science.uva.nl/pub/solaris/solaris2/Q6.2.html

6.2) Which packages do I need to install to support a C compiler?

Solaris ships with everything you need, with the exception of the
compiler itself. Solaris ships with the include files, make, an
assembler, linker and libraries. All this stuff lives in /usr/ccs/bin
(add it to your PATH before /usr/ucb if that's in your PATH as well)
/usr/ccs/lib and /usr/include.

If you still can't find it, make sure you have the following packages
installed on your system:

        for tools (sccs, lex, yacc, make, nm, truss, ld, as):
            SUNWbtool, SUNWsprot, SUNWtoo
        for libraries & headers:
            SUNWhea, SUNWarc, SUNWlibm, SUNWlibms
            SUNWdfbh, SUNWcg6h, SUNWxwinc, SUNWolinc,
            SUNWxglh
        for 64 bit development:
            SUNWarcx, SUNWbtoox, SUNWdplx, SUNWscpux, SUNWsprox,
            SUNWtoox, SUNWlmsx, SUNWlmx, SUNWlibCx
        for ucb compat:
            SUNWsra, SUNWsrh
-----------------------
i installed every package i did not have with the exception of SUNWtoo
but yet it seems the same errors appear.  Anyone have any suggestions?
Would installing gcc 3.1 solve this problem?

2. XDM & sessreg

3. gcc compiling problems

4. ipfilter problem - "pass in" rules not active after boot

5. libc.so.4 GCC compile problems

6. Unable to mount CD-ROM

7. ELF gcc compiling problems

8. SENDMAIL 8.9 & REDHAT 5.2