True Type Font Rendering

Post by subver » Tue, 10 Aug 1999 04:00:00

I am rendering true type fonts(free type fonts) to a window and I am
trying to optimize it by storing each glyph in a buffer and then using a
table to get to these glyphs and then drawing them on the screen.  I am
allowing for anti-aliasing so the buffers need to be more than just
bitmaps.  I was wondering if anyone could tell me the pro-cons of using
Pixmaps vs XImages. Also, could someone maybe send me an example of
XpmCreatePixmapFromData I would appreciate it (I have tried several
things...I have gotten XCreatePixmapFromBitmap and XpmReadFileToPixmap
to work...) Specifically, I am not sure when I give it the pointer to
data how to specify its dimensions.  I use the XpmAttributes struct to
pass the width and height into the func but this doesn't seem to be
working.

Thanks in advance for your time.

1. True Type Fonts to PostScript Type 1

Does anyone know where to get the ttf2pt1
package from?

Thanks
Jeremy Maccelari
Visual Numerics (Pty) Ltd
Mail: P. O. Box 11033  Street: 9 Pannevis Road
      Vorna Valley             Vorna Valley
      1686                     1686
      R.S.A.                   R.S.A.
Tel: +27-11-466-0319
Fax: +27-11-466-0320

2. EMC with Tru64

3. True Type Font Setup: Fonts Look Bold on Edges

4. Modem problem :-(

5. Solaris 2.5 won't render extra Type-1 fonts

6. Comments in /etc/passwd?

7. Problem with true type fonts and Netscape

8. SCSI AHA2940 - The ultimate solution

9. True Type Font Installer

10. Star Office and true type fonts

11. how to convert true type font?

12. True type fonts

13. Installing True Type Fonts on TRU64 4.0F