Need help reading IO ports.

Post by Jason Arthur Gaym » Thu, 19 Oct 1995 04:00:00

Someone please help! I'm looking for an efficient way to write a program
that reads an IO port once every five or so seconds and updates a few files
before sleeping for the alloted time period and then repeat the process.
What I need help is with reading the /dev/port device--need something to
do the same job as Borland C's inp() command.  I've tried opening /dev/port
with fopen and then using getc with a loop to get all 1024 port values, but
this causes some unexpected trouble with the network cards.  I'm new to
programming C for unix devices so any help will really be appreciated.
Thanks!

-jason.

1. Need help reading IO ports

Someone please help! I'm looking for an efficient way to write a program
that reads an IO port once every five or so seconds and updates a few files
before sleeping for the alloted time period and then repeat the process.
What I need help is with reading the /dev/port device--need something to
do the same job as Borland C's inp() command.  I've tried opening /dev/port
with fopen and then using getc with a loop to get all 1024 port values, but
this causes some unexpected trouble with the network cards.  I'm new to
programming C for unix devices so any help will really be appreciated.
Thanks!

-jason.

2. Best Book on Korn Shell ?????

3. Need help with Parallel Port IO

4. simple openboot question

5. Reading IO ports in Linux

6. FAQ: Why FreeBSD is better? (v1.0)

7. how to give permission to read and write an IO port

8. D link 530tx

9. how do i read/write system io ports?????????

10. Help needed for reading serial port under SCO 3.2

11. "Help needed : read special character from serial port"

12. Need help porting a CD-ROM reading and control library

13. Help needed : read special character from serial port