Btrieve ports?

Post by RS-Bank CI » Wed, 22 Apr 1998 04:00:00

Quote:>Our mission critical application is a <B>BTRIEVE</B> based database which
>works at extremely fast speeds (searches through a million+ records in
>microseconds). I was wondering whether there was a port of the <B>Btrieve</B>
>server for <B>Linux</B> or, at least a port of the <B>Btrieve</B> client request
>er
>for <B>Linux</B>. That would be the logical doorway into developing full
>fledged front-ends for <B>Btrieve</B> databases in a <B>Linux</B> environment.

I coded my own versions of wbtrv32.dll+w32bticm.dll+bspxcom.nlm to access
btrieve 6.10 server from 32win apps over UDP/TCP and IPX/SPX.
Now, in the free time I'm porting it uder Linux.
If you are interesting in idea or code, you can see sources on
http://www.geocities.com/SiliconValley/Horizon/5151

--
Stas Selitsky

1. Btrieve Port?

Our mission critical application is a BTRIEVE based database which
works at extremely fast speeds (searches through a million+ records in
microseconds). I was wondering whether there was a port of the Btrieve
server for Linux or, at least a port of the Btrieve client requester
for Linux. That would be the logical doorway into developing full
fledged front-ends for Btrieve databases in a Linux environment.

Peter D'Souza

--
Guarantee Records Management
215 Coles Street

2. Problems with ELSA Winner 2000AVI

3. using btrieve requestor in linux dos box

4. Printer sharing?

5. Btrieve...

6. Boot options

7. Help !! Btrieve on Novell & Client in Solaris ??

8. How do you get a full path from a File ID?

9. Accessing Btrieve databases, anybody can point me

10. BTrieve for Linux?

11. Trouble installing Btrieve/PSQL for Linux

12. Dosemu and Btrieve Crash

13. Berkley Databases and btrieve