Raw Sockets.

Post by Marcello Esposit » Thu, 06 Apr 2000 04:00:00

Hi all,

I've to build a protocol RSVP-like.

When I send a packet from application A to application C, through host
(router) running application B, B have to see the packet and to modify
it.
I know it's possible with Raw Socket. But I'm not able to do it.

How do I say to IP that B has to receive the packet with another
destination address?

Are there tutorials around the net about Raw Sockets?

Thanks,
Marcello.

Raw Sockets.

Post by Synta » Thu, 06 Apr 2000 04:00:00

Check out IP spoofing and other DOS attacks...that should have the code to
re-construct a packet with a false return address..

-Lucas

Quote:> Hi all,

> I've to build a protocol RSVP-like.

> When I send a packet from application A to application C, through host
> (router) running application B, B have to see the packet and to modify
> it.
> I know it's possible with Raw Socket. But I'm not able to do it.

> How do I say to IP that B has to receive the packet with another
> destination address?

> Are there tutorials around the net about Raw Sockets?

> Thanks,
> Marcello.

1. Information of the RAW socket interface for Berkely sockets

Sorry for the big cross-posting,

I was wondering if anyone out there had any information or knows where I
could get information on the RAW mode sockets. Any help would be
appreciated.

Please respond via e-mail.

2. 2.5.43 futex, error in error path

3. Raw socket question?

4. COMMERCIAL: $79.95 MoTeeth for Linux

5. Raw Socket Programming

6. problems loading program into dbx and gdb

7. how to know a datagram has been fragmented, from a raw socket point-of-view ?

8. A silly question: How to extract tar file

9. debugging the raw sockets - how to capture the output?

10. Raw socket programming

11. raw sockets

12. Raw Sockets + !superuser, possible?

13. use of raw sockets / libcap ?