[Fwd: Sockets]

Post by Steve Housem » Tue, 17 Aug 1999 04:00:00

Hello Jeff,
Not done this in binary, but manually telnetting to nntp works ok,
so possible that you are using a CR-LF or LF only and need to do opposite.
Only other suggestion is to check what is being received by the server
either by tcpdump (can that do it?) or by writing a small bit of code
to create a server socket and dumping what it is receiving.
Hope you fix it soon,
Cheers
Steve Houseman
--

currently  steve.houseman at * net

[Fwd: Sockets]

Post by Jeff Smelse » Thu, 19 Aug 1999 04:00:00

Hopefully some of you have done this.

Anyway, I am writting a nntp binary grabber basically. I got the socket
stuff working, but I can never give it more than one command, or the
second one fails. For Example:

I open the nntp server, received the welcome message. Then I send list.
Giving me ALL the groups.. Got the . and got out of my while loop. Send
the QUIT command.. And I receive, bad command from the NNTP server.. No
matter what command I give it, the second command fails!

I did a select after the first to see if maybe something was in the
buffer. No. The select comes back as a timeout.. So nothing is in
there... What am I missing??

I am writing this in c++ if that matters.

Thanks..
BTW, I can post code if needed, let me know what you wanna see, wasn't
sure what to post.

Jeff

1. FWD- Socket Eight to S370 convertors coming

--------------FWD--------------------
 Posted 14/07/99 12:06pm by Mike Magee

 Socket Eight to S370 convertors coming

 Several Japanese sites are billing an adaptor which allows the
conversion of Pentium Pro's Socket Eight to a Socket 370
configuration.

 The systems are set to arrive in early August, and will allow single
and dual Socket Eight motherboards to take Celeron S370 processors at
multiple speeds, again in single and dual combos.

 The Pentium Pro came in speeds of 100, 150 and 200MHz, so the upgrade
may give old systems a boost.

 No prices are yet available, but Intel said that it did not support
such third party adaptors.

 At one time, Intel used to get additional money for its old
processors by offering so-called Overdrive upgrades. But that business
no longer exists.

 Intel did create an Overdrive for the Pentium Pro, allowing systems
to be upgraded to a Pentium II/333 with full speed on-die cache, our
Mr Sherriff points out. ?

SOURCE- http://theregister.co.uk/990714-000010.html

*remove all the Xs (upper case X) if reply by e mail.
** no more M$ Windoze.

2. C++

3. [Fwd: File Namespace Socket Question]

4. PPP/CHAT help - pleese!

5. large page patch (fwd) (fwd) ==>hugetlb page patch

6. FTape Jumbo 250 & FC-10 controller?

7. fix the compilation of drivers/net/tokenring/tms380tr.c (fwd) (fwd)

8. Monitor Power Off

9. (Fwd) Another Java security bug - ALL JAVA BROWSERS (fwd)

10. [1;31m(Fwd) [0m [40m [37m (fwd)

11. Fwd: Re: Fwd: Linux Kernel: down_timeout

12. Fwd: eepro100 pm fix (fwd)

13. large page patch (fwd) (fwd)