How to change an X11 app to display identical output to two different DISPLAYs?

How to change an X11 app to display identical output to two different DISPLAYs?

Post by Morde » Sat, 23 Nov 2002 10:25:24

Hi there,

I want to change my app to add a possibility to start an app on two
screens to see what user is doing exactly (if I don't need to mod an app
for that please let me know). How can this be done?

I log into a remote machine with ssh. My DISPLAY is set to blah:1?:0
I want the input/output to be done from localhost:0 on the remote
machine (or maybe something else if they are running X Server on their
windows boxes). I do not need to do any input from my ssh session but
remote user obviously has to.

Is there something like DISPLAY1 envoronmental that can be set
and take care of this?

I don't expect a full blown explanation, just a shove in the right
direction (like keywords to lookup in google search will do). The app is
using Motif (indirectly).

Thank you.

P.S. How stable is XFree 4.2.0 libXt that's presumably used by OpenMotif
libs? More stable than OpenMotif itself or less stable?
Is libXt known to be rather buggy?

http://www.faqs.org/faqs/x-faq/part6/section-4.html

--
Cameron McCormack

   // http://www.csse.monash.edu.au/~clm/
   // icq 26955922

1. Two minor issues: mouse (not X11), display (X11).

Can't help with the X11 problem, but as for the other one...

There is a -t option to gpm which you use to specify the type of mouse.
If you have a Logitech mouse, you probably need to use "-t logi"
but it's different for busmice - man gpm for more information.

If gpm is started at boot time, you'll probably find the line which
starts it in /etc/rc.d/rc.local (or some other file in /etc/rc.d).
Edit this file to have the change take effect every time you boot.

Richard
--
Richard Stamp, Churchill College, Cambridge CB3 0DS
Telephone: (CU Network) 31556; (BT) Cambridge 01223 331556

2. Advance Program First ACM Workshop on Role Based Access Control

3. X11 display fails while exporting display on telnet

4. Automated backups between FreeBSD & Windoze NT?

5. why ifconfig shows two identical MAC address for two different NIC

6. Acrobat Reader 3.0

7. change from DISPLAY 0 to DISPLAY 1 without CTRL+ALT+F?

8. computer-security/security-patches FAQ

9. Display problem : after changing display card

10. opening two widgets on different displays

11. display same window in two different hosts

12. Change display of a running app

13. File restored to two dif. servers: Date and size identical but cksum different?