gnome_execute_async (fork)

Post by Philipp Heis » Mon, 27 Nov 2000 04:00:00

is am starting a process with gnome_execute_async, but if i am exiting
the prog it waits for
the processes made with gnome_execute_async (fork), is there a
wait/waitpid command or another function that my prog doesnt wait
anymore for the other processes.

thnx phil

gnome_execute_async (fork)

Post by Martin Schmid » Tue, 28 Nov 2000 04:00:00

Quote:> is am starting a process with gnome_execute_async, but if i am exiting
> the prog it waits for
> the processes made with gnome_execute_async (fork), is there a
> wait/waitpid command or another function that my prog doesnt wait
> anymore for the other processes.

> thnx phil

Dont know the gnome stuff but wait or waitpid is
for waiting on a process Termination , not the
opposite way as you search for .

Martin

1. comsat forking, forking and forking (3.2.0)

94

Has anyone an idea on what could have caused all those comsat
processes to appear in less than one night? (I got really heavy mail
traffic this nite, so I guess it's related).

Would replacing comsat with the BSD one help solving the problem?

--

   "No keyboard, press F1 to continue"

2. FreeBSD/Modem

3. fork call without using function fork()

4. CASH FOR CISCO - I BUY USED AND NEW EQUIPMENT & LOTS MORE

5. Efficiency: fork() w/ shared libraries vs. fork()/exec()

6. named problem

7. to fork or to pre-fork

8. Privilege separation user (OpenSSH 3.4) install prob.

9. PPP pid - it forks - right? How do I wait for the fork PID?

10. glibc: __fork() vs fork()

11. beginner fork question

12. Question: How are subshells forked

13. Newbie fork() question