help: how to build glibc for a.out format on linux

help: how to build glibc for a.out format on linux

Post by Kosi » Wed, 18 Jun 2003 08:04:30

Hi,
Anybody knows what options to use to configure glibc for
- a.out format
- linux
- i386

thanks a lot,
Kosit
--
Ce message a ete poste via la plateforme Web club-Internet.fr
This message has been posted by the Web platform club-Internet.fr

http://forums.club-internet.fr/

1. Help: gcc 270 a.out format

I have a problem compiling a.out binaries with gcc 2.7.0.

It works fine for ELF with or without the -g debugging info
flag on.  It also works fine compiling & linking a.out bins
without the -g. But when I use -g so that the output has debugging
info, it cracks up like this:

gcc -c -g -b i486-linuxaout test.c

<works OK>

gcc -g -b i486-linuxaout test.o

<cracks up like this:>
ld: final link failed: Nonrepresentable section on output.

I need to use this (aout) to link with object files created from
Fortran source using f2c (by way of f77)(I don't think f2c works with ELF).

Any help would be really appreciated. Thanks.

2. IPX/ncpmount

3. symbol table of a.out format on linux

4. SunBlade 100

5. a.out binary format in Linux

6. DTC 3280 SCSI driver success?

7. Acrobat & 3.01 Netscape For Linux (a.out format)

8. What happend to the debate?

9. symbol table on Linux (a.out format)

10. Building QT a.out lib on Linux

11. Binary file formats glibc pdp--- Help please

12. Problem building glibc.. please help.

13. How to build a minimal glibc? HELP