KISS Keep It Simple Stupid............

Post by Mattias Nilss » Thu, 13 Nov 1997 04:00:00

>Yes most of you here are not the normal user, you know a lot about
>computers. But you don't have a clue how to make money or to run a
>business.

>MS is doing so well because it can be used by the regular person and
>the power user. This is a threat to you unix ass holes who want to
>have power over others. Well Bill Gates has and is screwing you over
>big time and saving the rest of us from the arrogant ass holes soon to
>be useless unix gurus.

I agree, give Bill the power over everyone. Every morning we should all
face Redmond and pray.
Besides, Unix gurus often know a lot of things that also concerns NT.
The internet wasn't a microsoft invention, so maybe knowledge about how
that works could help them when Bill takes over the world.

Quote:

>No wonder you all come here and spout off like a bunch pissed off *
>ups, you are losing fast and big. Your jobs will and are being lost to
>the regular MS gurus.

>NT does not crash all the time, I have NT's that have been running for
>over a year with out crashing or having to reboot.

Oh goodie, another one case study. I was just looking for a good proof
that NT is stable.

Quote:> But as soon as you
>put a unix ass hole in front of an NT you can bet he will * it up
>from his stupidity and then blame NT.

I heard this one from Bill Gates himself somewhere. If it's not working,
you're not using it right.
Personally, I don't think you should be able to*things up that much
even if you tried. Would you want to be one of many users on the same NT
machine if any one of them could crash the computer anytime by just being
stupid? The future sure looks bright for multiuser NT..

Quote:

>If you ask a unix fool how to cross the street he will say walk down
>to the corner and take the 63 bus down town then get on the 89 bus to
>the beach, then transfer to the 78, the 78 will drop you off across
>the street. If you ask a MS person the same question he will say look
>both ways and if it is clear walk across.

I admire your objective way to look at things, but there are a few facts
that you missed. You can't replace knowledge with fancy a GUI and a help
wizard. Yes, NT is easy to administer if you've got the tools and you
don't need to go beyond what the tools allow you to do. It's always a
tradeoff between ease of use and power.

Man.. I can't believe I let myself get sucked into this again...

KISS Keep It Simple Stupid............

Post by Brian Kn » Thu, 13 Nov 1997 04:00:00

>MS is doing so well because it can be used by the regular person and
>the power user. This is a threat to you unix ass holes who want to
>have power over others. Well Bill Gates has and is screwing you over
>big time and saving the rest of us from the arrogant ass holes soon to
>be useless unix gurus.

Yes, that's right.  All of us UNIX *s want to have power over
YOUUUUUU muhahahahahaha <evil laugh>. Especially us Linux *s.
We're power hungry madmen! That's why we enjoy spending long hours
writing code and then giving it away for free, with the right to
modify it and use it as you please. It's all a trick! It's all part
of our PLAN FOR WORLD DOMINATION.

Microsoft, of course, just wants to LIBERATE you.  That's why they
sell you substandard software with strict licensing agreements
restricting your use of it, with no source code included. It's all
part of their master plan to SET YOU FREE.

Quote:>No wonder you all come here and spout off like a bunch pissed off *
>ups, you are losing fast and big. Your jobs will and are being lost to
>the regular MS gurus.

You're right. We're all terrified of the Windows 95 certified
technicians. Give me a break, troll.  Microsoft is the best thing
to ever happen to job security! As long as we have screwed up,
constantly crashing Microsoft software around, tech support jobs
are secure!

Quote:>If you ask a unix fool how to cross the street he will say walk down
>to the corner and take the 63 bus down town then get on the 89 bus to
>the beach, then transfer to the 78, the 78 will drop you off across
>the street. If you ask a MS person the same question he will say look
>both ways and if it is clear walk across.

You know, you're absolutely right.  All of use UNIX *s are just
completely insane people who like to make life as difficult as possible.
Oh no! Our evil plot is exposed! We must all flee, back to the fiery
pits of hell from whence we came.

KISS Keep It Simple Stupid............

Post by Andrew Z. Patrzal » Thu, 13 Nov 1997 04:00:00

I can just imagine what would have happened to the internet if the Justice Department hadn't stepped in to block the InternetExplorer blitz.

KISS Keep It Simple Stupid............

Post by Scott Wo » Thu, 13 Nov 1997 04:00:00

A long time ago, in a land far away,

> Yes most of you here are not the normal user, you know a lot about
> computers. But you don't have a clue how to make money or to run a
> business.

Why do you assume that those are mutually exclusive areas of knowledge?

Quote:> MS is doing so well because it can be used by the regular person and
> the power user.

No.  It can't be used by the power user; 95 chokes when you run several
things at once (especially win16 apps), and NT gets yesterday's
performance out of tomorrow's computers. (And it's too damn expensive, as
well!)

Quote:> This is a threat to you unix ass holes

OK, now you've gone TOO FAR.  "Unix ass holes" are we?  What about the
*s at M$, who push proprietary garbage which, backed by their
monopoly, becomes the "standard", so that one becomes dependent upon M$?

What about you NT *s who crosspost this kind of nonsense into Linux
groups where it is not wanted?

Quote:> who want to have power over others.

I don't want to have power over others.  I want to be able to run GOOD
software.

Quote:> Well Bill Gates has and is screwing you over big time

Well, you got that one right at least...

Quote:> and saving the rest of us

Nope.  He's screwing you over too, you just don't realize it yet.

Quote:> from the arrogant ass holes soon to be useless unix gurus.

Arrogant?  We are arrogant because we decide to run something other than
what Bill says we should?

Useless?  Are you implying that Unix is dying?  I think not.

Quote:> No wonder you all come here and spout off like a bunch pissed off *
> ups,

That pretty much sums up what you're doing.

Quote:> you are losing fast and big.

Nope.

Quote:> Your jobs will and are being lost to the regular MS gurus.

Nope.  Any idiot can admin an NT box; let's see an NT luser admin a Unix
box.

Quote:> NT does not crash all the time, I have NT's that have been running for
> over a year with out crashing or having to reboot. But as soon as you
> put a unix ass hole in front of an NT you can bet he will * it up
> from his stupidity and then blame NT.

As soon as you stick an NT * in front of a Unix box you can bet
he'll * it up even faster from his incredible stupidity and brainrot
and blame the fact that it's not point-n-drool.  However, any decent Unix
admin could admin an NT box without problems (other than those inherent
in NT).

Quote:> If you ask a unix fool how to cross the street he will say walk down
> to the corner and take the 63 bus down town then get on the 89 bus to
> the beach, then transfer to the 78, the 78 will drop you off across
> the street. If you ask a MS person the same question he will say look
> both ways and if it is clear walk across.

No, the M$ person would say, "I don't know how to cross the street
because there's no shiny button that I can push that'll automagically
bring me to the other side."

The Unix person would look at you as if you were an idiot (well, you
are!) upon your asking how to cross a street.  Your ridiculous idea about
taking buses all over the place to cross the street sounds like something
an M$ programmer would come up with.

-Scott

--
Remove NOSPAM to reply.  All spam will be reported.

Stop Micro$oft Now!

KISS Keep It Simple Stupid............

Post by Joe Ragos » Thu, 13 Nov 1997 04:00:00

In article

> > Useless?  Are you implying that Unix is dying?  I think not.

> In 1980 you had a choice between Unix and VAX VMS - Unix was dying
> In 1985 you had a choice between Unix and DOS - Unix was dying
> In 1990 you had a choice between Unix and Windows - Unix was dying
> In 1995 you had a choice between Unix and Windows 95 - Unix was dying

> I'm pretty sure that somewhere at 2000 fans of <<<whatever would be next
> after NT>>> would claim that "Unix is dying"

Sure. In 2,000, you'll have a choice between Rhapsody and Unix -- but
since Rhapsody is Unix, they won't be able to say it's dying.

--
Regards,

Joe Ragosta
See the Complete Macintosh Advocacy Page
http://www.dol.net/~Ragosta/complmac.htm

KISS Keep It Simple Stupid............

Post by Ishpec » Thu, 13 Nov 1997 04:00:00

        The problem with our friend, Joe, is that he just doesn't know what he's
talking about.  He himself is a normal user and got payed a couple trillion
dollars
just to put this message on a news group that he doesn't even know how to
use.
(He doesn't know how to use it because it's not quite userfirendly enough)

        Until joe actually starts working with a real machine on a real OS,
he won't understand what we're talking about.  Until joe wakes up and
realizes he's being ripped off by MS, he'll never understand what
ALT.DESTROY
.MICROSOFT is all about.

Quote:> Yes most of you here are not the normal user, you know a lot about

Post by Jeremy Nels » Thu, 13 Nov 1997 04:00:00

>If you ask a unix fool how to cross the street he will say walk down
>to the corner and take the 63 bus down town then get on the 89 bus to
>the beach, then transfer to the 78, the 78 will drop you off across
>the street. If you ask a MS person the same question he will say look
>both ways and if it is clear walk across.

YM "If you ask a MS person the same question he will say 'Give me all of
your money, then pray i dont shoot you when you're halfway across.'" HTH!

-Jeremy

KISS Keep It Simple Stupid............

Post by Paul Rickar » Thu, 13 Nov 1997 04:00:00

But there's also MILS (Make It Look Simple), which is what Microsoft
really does. Windows 95 isn't so simple, just theres a lot of pretty
wallpaper and vinyl siding covering the old WinDOS shack. Underneath all
the new paint there's still that old rotting, moldy, unstable 16-bit
platform with a bad infestation of DOS. Un*x might not win any beauty
contests, but it isn't pretending to be something its not.

--

        -Paul Rickard, President of The Microsoft Boycott Campaign.
              "Without data, you're just another opinion."

KISS Keep It Simple Stupid............

Post by Shock Wa » Thu, 13 Nov 1997 04:00:00

|> Yes most of you here are not the normal user, you know a lot about
|> computers. But you don't have a clue how to make money or to run a
|> business.

Wrong I run a profitable business. I contract my services to the Department
of Defense as well.

|> MS is doing so well because it can be used by the regular person and
|> the power user. This is a threat to you unix ass holes who want to
|> have power over others. Well Bill Gates has and is screwing you over
|> big time and saving the rest of us from the arrogant ass holes soon to
|> be useless unix gurus.

Microsoft is doing so well because they've eaten the competition alive.
Daily fellow workers are inundated with MS seminars as in how to better use
Office, How to use Exchange etc... So easy to use ? Maybe you mean Internet
Exploiter....

|> No wonder you all come here and spout off like a bunch pissed off *
|> ups, you are losing fast and big. Your jobs will and are being lost to
|> the regular MS gurus.

Not spouting.... sorry.
Sounds to me as if your doing a little spouting though.
Just like a ruptured sewer pipe AAMOF.

|> NT does not crash all the time, I have NT's that have been running for
|> over a year with out crashing or having to reboot. But as soon as you
|> put a unix ass hole in front of an NT you can bet he will * it up
|> from his stupidity and then blame NT.

I have an NT box v 3.51 service pack 5.
It serves as a primary domain controller on one of my networks.
Its only crashed twice in one year.
Both crashes required full reinstalls.

Three Linux boxes... No crashes in one year... Go figure.

|> If you ask a unix fool how to cross the street he will say walk down
|> to the corner and take the 63 bus down town then get on the 89 bus to
|> the beach, then transfer to the 78, the 78 will drop you off across
|> the street. If you ask a MS person the same question he will say look
|> both ways and if it is clear walk across.

Really reaching here....
Ask a Microsoft person how to cross the street ?
Didn't you know ? Crosswalks will not be stable until version 1620 !

You really need to take this nonsense elsewhere...

--

--- May God have mercy on your soul , I will not.
--- Morte de Bon Naissance de Mal

This autosig may or may not apply to you.
Only you know if it does.

Shockwave

KISS Keep It Simple Stupid............

Post by Kenneth R. Kinde » Fri, 14 Nov 1997 04:00:00

Not to belittle your keen grasp of facts, but do you REALLY, do you REALLY,
do you reaaaaaaaally think Mr. Joe is going to listen?  hehehehe...
Although, I must admit, it is fun at times to serve up a dish of the
trust to a brainwasher, and watch'em faint....

Picture, if you will, Joe's Microsoft-programmer-white nose falling upon
the inane pull-down menuy key on his Windows 95 keyboard.  A few body
fluids drip from his mindless face slowly, slipping through the keys.  He
is in a state of shock... oh yeah...

ROFLMAO (if you don't use IRC, rolling on the floor laughing my ass off)

Quote:> But there's also MILS (Make It Look Simple), which is what Microsoft
> really does. Windows 95 isn't so simple, just theres a lot of pretty
> wallpaper and vinyl siding covering the old WinDOS shack. Underneath all
> the new paint there's still that old rotting, moldy, unstable 16-bit
> platform with a bad infestation of DOS. Un*x might not win any beauty
> contests, but it isn't pretending to be something its not.
> --
>         -Paul Rickard, President of The Microsoft Boycott Campaign.
>               "Without data, you're just another opinion."
>                        www.abctec.com/~msbc

Kenneth R. Kinder

"Software development is caffeine, pizza, and gcc."
PGP FingerPrints: AC 63 8E FC 56 OC 6E F2 55 68 16 E4 07 62 12 32

KISS Keep It Simple Stupid............

Post by Michael Jame » Fri, 14 Nov 1997 04:00:00

<fire starter sniped>

Well, well look who is trying to start a flame war then.

--
Fog Lamps, n.:
        Excessively (often obnoxiously) bright lamps mounted on the

See also "Idiot Lights".

KISS Keep It Simple Stupid............

Post by Michael Jame » Fri, 14 Nov 1997 04:00:00

> >If you ask a unix fool how to cross the street he will say walk down
> >to the corner and take the 63 bus down town then get on the 89 bus to
> >the beach, then transfer to the 78, the 78 will drop you off across
> >the street. If you ask a MS person the same question he will say look
> >both ways and if it is clear walk across.

> YM "If you ask a MS person the same question he will say 'Give me all of
> your money, then pray i dont shoot you when you're halfway across.'" HTH!

> -Jeremy

Actually it would be more like "Did you put your shoes on?"

--
Fog Lamps, n.:
        Excessively (often obnoxiously) bright lamps mounted on the
fronts of automobiles; used on dry, clear nights to indicate that the
driver's brain is in a fog.

See also "Idiot Lights".

KISS Keep It Simple Stupid............

Post by Michael Jame » Fri, 14 Nov 1997 04:00:00

> >NT does not crash all the time, I have NT's that have been running for
> >over a year with out crashing or having to reboot.

> Oh goodie, another one case study. I was just looking for a good proof
> that NT is stable.

Halve the memory in the NT boxes and they will crash at least once a
day.

--

Post by Steve H » Fri, 14 Nov 1997 04:00:00

> On 13 Nov 1997 03:54:06 GMT, Kenneth R. Kinder

> >> In 1980 you had a choice between Unix and VAX VMS - Unix was dying
> >> In 1985 you had a choice between Unix and DOS - Unix was dying
> >> In 1990 you had a choice between Unix and Windows - Unix was dying
> >> In 1995 you had a choice between Unix and Windows 95 - Unix was dying
> >Uh huh.  And where are the astemed VAX VMS, DOS, and Windows now?  All
> >considered obsolete, and dead or dying?  How does that make Unix dying?
> >And Windows 95 is the industry laughing stock... hmmm
> No Windows 95 is only being laughed at by fools like you. Unix is
> dying and you are all in a delusion to think other wise. This shows
> how out of touch you are.

You keep saying this.

Your saying it doesn't necessarily make it true.

KISS Keep It Simple Stupid............

Post by Daniel Joyc » Fri, 14 Nov 1997 04:00:00

> On 13 Nov 1997 03:54:06 GMT, Kenneth R. Kinder

> >> In 1980 you had a choice between Unix and VAX VMS - Unix was dying
> >> In 1985 you had a choice between Unix and DOS - Unix was dying
> >> In 1990 you had a choice between Unix and Windows - Unix was dying
> >> In 1995 you had a choice between Unix and Windows 95 - Unix was dying

> >Uh huh.  And where are the astemed VAX VMS, DOS, and Windows now?  All
> >considered obsolete, and dead or dying?  How does that make Unix dying?
> >And Windows 95 is the industry laughing stock... hmmm

> No Windows 95 is only being laughed at by fools like you. Unix is
> dying and you are all in a delusion to think other wise. This shows
> how out of touch you are.

        Windows 95 is a laughing stock!

        Why is it that after 7 years, NT still has penetrated the REAL unix
market? HIGH performance servers (like the top HP systems), HIGH
performance workstations (like the SGI's, HP's etc).

        Why?

        Because unix is more realible and leaner, and faster.

        HP is up to version 10 of their unice.

        Microsoft admits they don't optimize fore speed or size, saying there
is enough computing power to be wasted..

        Why can a linux box support 40 ftp users simultaneously, but NT on the
same hardware has SERIOUS problems?

        Also, loser, unix admins make 10-20k more than cheesy MCSE's. They have
to know what they're doing.

        I worked at a training center. The Mcse people had NO clue. The novell
guys rocked, and knew what was going on in the industry, and in
hardware.

        Most of the MCSE's we taught were SECRETARIES, or some IT peon. Do want
a secretary admining your site?

1. KISS Keep It Simple Stupid............

This is the kind of arrogance that leads me and many others to regard MS
and people such as yourself with utter disgust.

I find it kind of ironic that you write in this manner, and refer to
others as arrogant. I mean, take a good hard look in the mirror.

If MS dominance will cause people like you to rise to power, then I
sincerely hope suich a thing never happens. Bill Gates is screwing us
over ? Don't worry, he'll come for you too eventually.

Now go home and do something 'productive' , like, you know, click some
buttons or play a game or something.

And leave us (and everyone you cross-posted this crap to) in peace.

2. can Linux detect PnP modem?

3. Keep It Simple, Stupid!

4. almost ready to throw in the towel

5. Stupid, stupid, stupid...

6. KDE remote from MS windows?

7. Stupid, stupid, stupid! FAT access rights...

8. Ext3?

9. stupid stupid stupid

10. please don't make me keep using this stupid Win NT server

11. really simple question (almost felling stupid asking)

12. Simple Stupid Question

13. Stupid, Simple Question