i am getting the error: gmon.out file is missing call-graph data..

i am getting the error: gmon.out file is missing call-graph data..

Post by v.nagasriniv » Wed, 13 Feb 2002 18:52:43

Hi,

        I have written a small programme with one single printf statement.
and exercising the gprof..

gprof: gmon.out file is missing call-graph data
sh-2.04# gcc -pg t2.c
sh-2.04# a.out
this is a test
sh-2.04# gprof a.out gmon.out
gprof: gmon.out file is missing call-graph data
i gave -pg option to gcc for compilation and ran the a.out.
when i am trying out the gprof, i could't get the profiling outfile..
i was suffering with the
above error....

could any one help me out and also while fiddling i observed that,
gmon.out is not in the a.out format.

thanks for help,
srinivas.

i am getting the error: gmon.out file is missing call-graph data..

Post by Nils O. Sel?sd » Wed, 13 Feb 2002 20:02:40

Quote:>Hi,

>        I have written a small programme with one single printf statement.
>and exercising the gprof..

>gprof: gmon.out file is missing call-graph data
>sh-2.04# gcc -pg t2.c
>sh-2.04# a.out
>this is a test
>sh-2.04# gprof a.out gmon.out

leave out the gmon.out
Quote:>gprof: gmon.out file is missing call-graph data
>i gave -pg option to gcc for compilation and ran the a.out.
>when i am trying out the gprof, i could't get the profiling outfile..
>i was suffering with the
>above error....

>could any one help me out and also while fiddling i observed that,

I usually do:
gcc -pg -o test test.c
./test
gprof test

And it seems to work fine.

Post by ctr2s.. » Thu, 14 Feb 2002 03:07:36

> sh-2.04# gcc -pg t2.c
> sh-2.04# a.out
> this is a test

Please tell me this is a typo and that you aren't really compiling and
running programs as root.  And, further, that you haven't put `.' in
root's path.

Quote:> sh-2.04# gprof a.out gmon.out

Just `gprof a.out'.

--

"I woke up this morning and realized what the game needed: pirates,
pimps, and gay furries."  - Rich "Lowtax" Kyanka

i am getting the error: gmon.out file is missing call-graph data..

Post by v.nagasriniv » Thu, 14 Feb 2002 14:32:53

Hi,  Still i am struggling..

1. i am following all these of all said.
   my path is specifying '.' look into current directory and i logged as
   root also.

2. And As Chris Niekel (i got to my personal box),
   ( he asked me to have loaded the necessary libraries are not.)

  i immediately found ( i think glibc-profile-2.2.2-10 is the required library),
and installed the rpm..

Now I have installed in my RedHat 7.1 box

1. glib-1.2.9-1.i386.rpm
2. glibc-2.2.2-10.i386.rpm
3. glibc-common-2.2.2-10.i386.rpm
4. glibc-devel-2.2.2-10.i386.rpm
5. glibc-profile-2.2.2-10.i386.rpm

Are they enough or am i have to load any further
rpms..I am doing some more excercise (
meanwhile if any body helps me thankful to them.)

thanks,
srinivas.
http://nagasrinivasv.reach.at

Post by Eric P. McC » Fri, 15 Feb 2002 07:49:02

> 1. i am following all these of all said.
>    my path is specifying '.' look into current directory and i logged as
>    root also.

DON'T.

What I was saying is NOT TO DO THAT.

DON'T EVER.

Quote:> > > sh-2.04# gprof a.out gmon.out
> > Just `gprof a.out'.

What happens when you just do:

  gprof a.out

after running a.out at least once?

--

"I woke up this morning and realized what the game needed: pirates,
pimps, and gay furries."  - Rich "Lowtax" Kyanka

       I could't understand whats going wrong.
I compiled new kernel with kgdb patch..and entered the details in /etc/lilo.conf
and running lilo..

i got the following lines..

Warning: /etc/lilo.conf should be writable only for root ( I am in root login only)
Warning: device 0x0306 exceeds 1024 cylinder limit.

geo_comp_addr: Cylinder number is too big (  1146 > 1023).

Could any one help me out...

thanks,
srinivas.

2. logining telnet connections...

3. Error when compiling - trying to figure what I am missing

4. tpqic02.h / Archive 60M trouble.

5. Error When Compiling - Don't Know What I Am Missing

6. Unix and Win95 on PC?

7. Error when compiling - Trying to figure out what i am missing.

8. Large IDE Drive

9. What File Am I Missing??

10. dip "Unknown server error": what am I missing ?

11. I am missing two files needed for man

12. Error when compliling - trying to figure out what i am missing.

13. Error while compiling - Trying to figure out what I am missing