pthread_cancel (linuxthreads) fails

1. Question about Pthread_cancel

Hi all,

I have a problem when dealing with POSIX pthread. In Pthread, we can cancel
a thread by another thread, and the pthread that will be cancelled can be
set as deferred cancel and asynchronous cancel. However what are the
difference between them? I have just written a very small test program about
this, and I found that either I set the thread to asynchronous or deferred,
the thread will immediately exit after I cancel the thread. May be my
concept about this is not clear, would anyone answer my question?
Thank you very much for answering.

2. Request for Hint: Apache 1.3.9 and later - need to modify client auth-prompt

3. using pthread_cancel

4. Connections via my apache server

5. pthread_cancel

6. newbie with a BAD HEADACHE

7. pthread_cancel question

8. script command (data record) help

9. Freebsd libc_r has no pthread_cancel

10. Kernel 2.1.x fails to compile... and fails... and fails...

11. LinuxThreads+signals => SIGSEGV in system call?

12. linuxthread manager and SIGINT

13. Status of linuxthreads