Satellite STB

Post by Gene » Tue, 24 Jun 2003 05:22:53

Would someone be kind enough to tell me which newgroup would be the most
appropriate for embedding Linux OS in  a home satellite receiver.  I am
currently ordering a STB with the STi5518 source decoder and would like to
learn how to write RTOS and device drivers..

Thanks

Gene

Satellite STB

Post by Sybren Stuve » Tue, 24 Jun 2003 05:30:48

Gene enlightened us with:

Quote:> Would someone be kind enough to tell me which newgroup would be the
> most appropriate for embedding Linux OS in  a home satellite receiver.

Why not look for a group with 'embedded' in the name? If you were able
to find this one, you should be able to find comp.os.linux.embedded as
well...

Sybren

Satellite STB

Post by Gene » Tue, 24 Jun 2003 06:53:26

As you suggested I have tried searching for 'embedded' but did not find what
I thought may be an appropriate group.  Perhaps I am doing something wrong
as I also was unable to find "comp.os.linux.embedded".  I'll give it more
effort this time.

Thanks Again

Gene Roelle

Quote:> Gene enlightened us with:
> > Would someone be kind enough to tell me which newgroup would be the
> > most appropriate for embedding Linux OS in  a home satellite receiver.

> Why not look for a group with 'embedded' in the name? If you were able
> to find this one, you should be able to find comp.os.linux.embedded as
> well...

> Sybren
> --
> The problem with the world is stupidity. Not saying there should be a
> capital punishment for stupidity, but why don't we just take the
> safety labels off of everything and let the problem solve itself?

Satellite STB

Post by Sybren Stuve » Tue, 24 Jun 2003 07:56:33

Gene enlightened us with:

Quote:> As you suggested I have tried searching for 'embedded' but did not
> find what I thought may be an appropriate group.  Perhaps I am doing
> something wrong as I also was unable to find "comp.os.linux.embedded".
> I'll give it more effort this time.

Hmmm... it is carried by my ISP (news.xs4all.nl) - perhaps Google Groups
gives you more info?

Sybren

1. stb vision - Can I run the X-Window system on a monitor that has STB ?

Hi All,
I have a STB chip set on my Video card. I have the STB vision software
setup in my machine to be the default video drivers too (I think),
because stb came with the machine when I bought it.
I'm not very familiar with video cards ,
BUT Can I install and configure the Xfree86 software, to run on my
computer ? Do I have to have S3 software to get optimul performance
and if so can I do that even though I have STB currently ?
Please Help. Any suggestions and advice will be looked for by me this
entire weekend. Thanks,
- Darius

2. RHCE

3. Need XF86Config for Toshiba Satellite 2595CDS

4. HP 2940A hard drive, anyone use it? incompatible?

5. Getting my Yahmaha sound to work with my Toshiba Satellite Laptop

6. qt problem

7. Modem + downlink satellite, how to build the route?

8. Red Hat 5 boot question

9. toshiba satellite pro 6000 on mandrake 9.1

10. Linux hackers took control of Iridium satellites, Mars Polar Lander

11. Toshiba Satellite Pro TE2000 series

12. Linux Compatibility: Toshiba Satellite T2135CS

13. RH 7.3 Compatibility on Toshiba Satellite 1805-S274