problems with dynamic linking

Post by K » Sun, 03 Jun 2001 05:05:30

Can anyone inform me as to how to produce dynamically linked executables for
ARM linux?  I used what I considered to be the normal method for producing
such executables, i.e.

arm-linux-gcc filename -o executable -Xlinker -Bdynamic -L. -ldl -llib

and it produces no dynamic segment in the ELF binary.  I have also tried
with and without the -ldl tag.  I think it could be that when I cross
compiled gcc for ARM, it may be hard coded to produce static binaries.  I
would appreciate tutelage in the matter, or simply any dynamically linked
executable for ARM linux.

    Kevin

problems with dynamic linking

Post by Nils O. Sel?sda » Fri, 08 Jun 2001 00:36:52

Quote:

> Can anyone inform me as to how to produce dynamically linked
executables for
> ARM linux?  I used what I considered to be the normal method for
producing
> such executables, i.e.

> arm-linux-gcc filename -o

executable -Xlinker -Bdynamic -L. -ldl -llib
Quote:

> and it produces no dynamic segment in the ELF binary.  I have also
tried
> with and without the -ldl tag.  I think it could be that when I cross
> compiled gcc for ARM, it may be hard coded to produce static
binaries.  I
> would appreciate tutelage in the matter, or simply any dynamically
linked
> executable for ARM linux.

And your code are compiled with -fPIC flag?

1. Problems With Dynamic Linking

Can anyone inform me as to how to produce dynamically linked executables for
ARM linux?  I used what I considered to be the normal method for producing
such executables, i.e.

arm-linux-gcc filename -o executable -Xlinker -Bdynamic -L. -ldl -llib

and it produces no dynamic segment in the ELF binary.  I have also tried
with and without the -ldl tag.  I think it could be that when I cross
compiled gcc for ARM, it may be hard coded to produce static binaries.  I
would appreciate tutelage in the matter, or simply any dynamically linked
executable for ARM linux.

    Kevin

2. Rolling Your Own su

3. dynamic loading vs. dynamic linking

4. Copy entire directory structure from one system to another (Solaris v2.5.1)

5. shmem works static-linked, but not dynamic-linked

6. Libraries Needed?

7. dynamic linking -> static linking == some _smaller_ executables

8. mod_ssl woes - where is the error ?

9. Static linked std libraryes in Dynamic linked libraryes

10. time launching aspect : static link vs dynamic link

11. dynamic linking vs. static linking

12. Dynamic linking and link editor

13. dynamic link to static link...