Voicemail systems for Linux?

Post by Hugh Frase » Wed, 07 Jan 1998 04:00:00

I've got a Class 1 modem with voice/fax/data capabilities that I'd like
to have running a voicemail system on Linux. "mgetty" with the voicemail
extensions requires a Class 2 modem. Are there any other packages
designed for a Class 1 modem?

Post by Luiz Otavio L. Zorzel » Fri, 09 Jan 1998 04:00:00

Quote:Hugh Fraser writes:
> I've got a Class 1 modem with voice/fax/data capabilities that I'd like
> to have running a voicemail system on Linux. "mgetty" with the voicemail
> extensions requires a Class 2 modem. Are there any other packages
> designed for a Class 1 modem?

Try:

http://www.mindspring.com/~bnaylor/spk/

--
Luiz Otavio L. Zorzella                 Product Engineer

1. Voicemail system for linux??

Anyone know of any voicemail system(s) for linux.  I've been looking
around but haven't found any.  Preference of course is keeping the cost
down (or best gnu-licence-like voicemail software).  Know of which is
good?  If none for Linux, then for win98/nt?

I'd like the computer to answer the calls, prompt the caller for the
individual they're reaching (e.g., an extension) and then ring that
phone or place in that person's voicemail if no answer.  If having it
ring a line is too involved, then just picking up and directing to
different people's voicemail is fine.

Cheers,
lb

2. Apple Server 700 - Upgrade to AIX 4.3.1?

3. Linux based Voicemail system for small corporate phone system

4. GXT130P graphics adapter and X11

5. Linux as voicemail system?

6. Any problem If I Use EXEC

7. voicemail applications for linux

8. upgrade to a new version of glib

9. Voicemail SW for Linux?

10. Want to setup a Linux box as a proxy server and voicemail - Is this feasible?

11. VoiceMail for lINUX - what's available ?

12. Linux program to receive Voicemail and Fax ?

13. linux voicemail