MPEG audio decoding source code?

Post by David Steube » Mon, 01 May 2000 04:00:00

Does anyone know where I can find some free source code in C that
decodes (and maybe encodes as well) MPEG audio files?

I have the source code to mp3blaster, but I am finding it very
difficult to follow.  I'm not even sure how it is reading the file!

I'm learning programming with Qt by writing a simple MPEG audio frame
editor that should also be able to play back the audio.  I've reached
the point where I can seek the MPEG headers in most cases.  I have an
MPEG file created on a Macintosh that I miss a header by one byte.  I
have no idea why.  I also have two other files that don't work.  One
has been corrupted at the beginning.  I put in some simple logic to
try and find the next MPEG header, but the logic isn't quite right
yet.  I don't know what's up with the other file.

mp3blaster plays the Macintosh file just fine, so I know the problem
is with my code.

I'm not ready to release my code yet.  Not by a long shot.  When I do,
it will be under GPL.  Then the world will get to see how truly warped
I am.

--
David Steuber   |   Hi!  My name is David Steuber, and I am
NRA Member      |   a hoploholic.

http://www.packetphone.org/

Conscience is a mother-in-law whose visit never ends.
                -- H. L. Mencken

MPEG audio decoding source code?

Post by Jan Pantelt » Mon, 01 May 2000 04:00:00

Quote:>Does anyone know where I can find some free source code in C that
>decodes (and maybe encodes as well) MPEG audio files?

try following some of the links at mpeg.org, you may get lucky perhaps.

1. MPEG player source code for Linux?

Hi All,

We are looking at implementing hardware assisted MPEG2/DVD playback under
non-Windows OS'es including Linux. Does anyone know if there are any Open
Source MPEG2 decoders available? What does Linux currently use for MPEG
players, since I know that Red Hat ships with an MPEG player of some
description?

Regards,

|      SciTech Software - Building Truly Plug'n'Play Software!         |
| Kendall Bennett          | To reply via email, remove nospam from    |
| Director of Engineering  | the reply to email address. Do NOT send   |
| SciTech Software, Inc.   | unsolicited commercial email!             |
| 505 Wall Street          | ftp  : ftp.scitechsoft.com                |
| Chico, CA 95928, USA     | www  : http://www.scitechsoft.com         |

2. removing lilo

3. Any source codes to parse MP3, AAC, WMA/ASF, audio/music files?

4. What is Redhat's CDE?

5. Linux Audio Control Source Code

6. Solaris 10 IMAP help!

7. Hardware-assisted MPEG-2 decoding

8. chfn

9. mpeg-1 decode routine

10. MPEG-2 decoding driver for Trident Cyberblade i7

11. how to program FAST FPS-60 for MPEG decoding?

12. MPEG-2 Decoding Query

13. MPEG decoding in hardware?