EC program on WEB?

Post by pear » Thu, 20 May 1999 04:00:00

Hi, all,
I use Informix SE on LINUX,  and I found a problem.

I write an easy EC program(nothing about sql) and
compile it to execution file. It can run well under linux command,
but if i run it on web browser, it don't work(never have output).

But if I rename it to "tt.c" , and compile it to an execution file.
It can run well on both linux command and the web browser.

I don't know why? It is the same C program and nothing about SQL,
just compiled by different C compiler. Why one can execute on web browser,
and the other can't?

Anyone knows? Does any parameter I need to set on linux for web?
Thanks...

Peary

Here is my program,  "tt.ec"

#include <stdio.h>
#include <stdlib.h>
#include <string.h>
void main(int argc,char *argv[])
{
        printf("Content-type:text/html%c%c",10,10);
        printf("This tests the output of C on WEB...\n");
        /*printf("%s",argv[1]);*/
        return;

Quote:}

EC program on WEB?

Post by Boudewijn Rem » Thu, 20 May 1999 04:00:00

As a wild guess: does your webserver know where to
find Informix? I mean, is that in the path of the
user that executes the executatables executed by
the webserver?

Warning and disclaimer: I know nothing about
informix, ec or even c. I'm a Python man,
myself.

--
Boudewijn Rempt  | www.xs4all.nl/~bsarempt

EC program on WEB?

Post by pear » Fri, 21 May 1999 04:00:00

Hi,
I have set the possible parameters for informix ....
so it should know....but i am not sure...
Quote:> As a wild guess: does your webserver know where to
> find Informix? I mean, is that in the path of the
> user that executes the executatables executed by
> the webserver?

> Warning and disclaimer: I know nothing about
> informix, ec or even c. I'm a Python man,
> myself.

> --
> Boudewijn Rempt  | www.xs4all.nl/~bsarempt

1. how to run EC program on web?

[...]

2. Which one to use?

3. what's crypt? problem with *.ec

4. RMAN ( Oracle ) vs Solaris tape backup ... need your help !!!

5. SPARCprinter EC

6. Looking for Apache binary for Solaris 2.5.1

7. Allow others to use ACPI EC interface

8. proftpd (and other ftp servers), gftp and umask not working as expected - SOLVED

9. SparcPrinter EC

10. EC Software for linux?

11. Linux Kernel-Support of ASUS PSCH-L or Gigabyte GA-8EGXRP-EC

12. Allow others to use ACPI EC interface

13. Z-player with NEC Versa EC