running a DOS program from C program under Linux ?

running a DOS program from C program under Linux ?

Post by test shell log » Mon, 18 May 1998 04:00:00

In short, we ( in Russia ) are forced to use some
certified devices, which have a DOS interface only.
The interfaces to these devices are not documented
and can be accessed only through running a given DOS exe file.
Is there any experience of running DOSEMU under Linux
as a daemon program ?
All we need is calling a DOS program for output to a device
from a C program on Linux ( sort of exec function ).
Then the input from a device ( DOS file ) could be read
by Linux program through shared file system.
Any help would be greatly appreciated.

--

running a DOS program from C program under Linux ?

Post by test shell log » Mon, 18 May 1998 04:00:00

In short, we ( in Russia ) are forced to use some
certified devices, which have a DOS interface only.
The interfaces to these devices are not documented
and can be accessed only through running a given DOS exe file.
Is there any experience of running DOSEMU under Linux
as a daemon program ?
All we need is calling a DOS program for output to a device
from a C program on Linux ( sort of exec function ).
Then the input from a device ( DOS file ) could be read
by Linux program through shared file system.
Any help would be greatly appreciated.

--

running a DOS program from C program under Linux ?

Post by Sergey Aranovs » Tue, 19 May 1998 04:00:00

Hi, Valentin!

On 17 May 1998 21:57:01 GMT, test shell login

>In short, we ( in Russia ) are forced to use some
>certified devices, which have a DOS interface only.
>The interfaces to these devices are not documented
>and can be accessed only through running a given DOS exe file.
>Is there any experience of running DOSEMU under Linux
>as a daemon program ?
>All we need is calling a DOS program for output to a device
>from a C program on Linux ( sort of exec function ).
>Then the input from a device ( DOS file ) could be read
>by Linux program through shared file system.
>Any help would be greatly appreciated.

You can use 'dosexec' to execute a single dos program in dosemu.
Refer manual page for dos, dosexec and other dosemu documentation
for details.

Use system() or fork()/execve() to call dosexec from your program.

Good Luck!

--
Sergey Aranovsky

1. running a DOS program from C program under Linux ?

In short, we ( in Russia ) are forced to use some
certified devices, which have a DOS interface only.
The interfaces to these devices are not documented
and can be accessed only through running a given DOS exe file.
Is there any experience of running DOSEMU under Linux
as a daemon program ?
All we need is calling a DOS program for output to a device
from a C program on Linux ( sort of exec function ).
Then the input from a device ( DOS file ) could be read
by Linux program through shared file system.
Any help would be greatly appreciated.

--

2. X APPS

3. Running a dos program under linux

4. Top Hi-Tech Jobs

5. Run DOS programs in Linux

6. rsh/distributed computing questions

7. Running Windows/Dos programs in Linux(SuSE)

8. Creating Slices

9. How to run other programs within a C/C++ program?

10. running programs inside programs

11. comm program to run the sz and rz programs

12. Exiting out of a program normally from a continously running program.

13. Any programs to read and run MAI BASIC-4 programs?