Igor tells you why your program fails - automatically

Igor tells you why your program fails - automatically

Post by Andreas Zelle » Thu, 19 Jun 2003 00:21:13

Hello everybody out there testing and debugging -

We're doing a public debugging server - a Web site that accepts buggy
programs and automatically tells you why the program failed.  This has
been brewing for two years, and is starting to get ready.  We'd like
any feedback on things people like/dislike about it.

In experiments, we've been able to pinpoint bugs in programs as large
as the GNU C compiler, and things seem to work.  However, we'd like
more experience before we announce the whole thing officially.  Feel
free to toy around, submit your buggy programs - and send us feedback.

The debugging server is called `AskIgor' and is available at

                http://www.askigor.org/

Happy debugging,

Andreas Zeller

--
Andreas Zeller    Universitaet des Saarlandes, Saarbruecken, Germany
                  http://www.st.cs.uni-sb.de/~zeller/

Post by M?ns Rullg? » Thu, 19 Jun 2003 01:22:13

> Hello everybody out there testing and debugging -

> We're doing a public debugging server - a Web site that accepts buggy
> programs and automatically tells you why the program failed.  This has
> been brewing for two years, and is starting to get ready.  We'd like
> any feedback on things people like/dislike about it.

> In experiments, we've been able to pinpoint bugs in programs as large
> as the GNU C compiler, and things seem to work.  However, we'd like
> more experience before we announce the whole thing officially.  Feel
> free to toy around, submit your buggy programs - and send us feedback.

> The debugging server is called `AskIgor' and is available at

>            http://www.askigor.org/

First of all, you should debug your own web server.  It chokes if I
enable ECN on my end.

--
M?ns Rullg?rd