How to create a source package to release it?

How to create a source package to release it?

Post by Matthias Kemp » Sun, 07 Jan 2001 20:41:14

Hi,

I while ago I started to program with KDevelop (came with the SuSE 7.0
distribution) and now my project is done.
I want to release it now. I want to get a tar.gz file with the sources
in it.
Do I only have to pack the whole project into a tar.gz and thats it, or
do I have to run some scripts before?
I know, this is a  stupid question, but its the first time that I am
doing
this. So please let me know, how to create the tar.gz file.

Matthias

How to create a source package to release it?

Post by Robben Mari » Sun, 07 Jan 2001 21:08:52

If you're using the GNU autoconf tools (autoheader, autoconf, automake,
libtool, ...) it's quite easy.
A simple "make dist" should do the job. The result is a .tar.gz file.
Somebody donwload this file and does the following:
gunzip xxx.tar.gz
tar xvf xxx.tar
cd xxx
./configure
make
make install
Et voila...

Visit the GNU website (www.gnu.org) for documentation about these autoconf
tools.

1. RH6: "Failed to create symlink for package source"

I'm trying to install or upgrade RH 6 off a local hard drive.  I've
tried both an upgrade from RH 5.2 and a clean install, and in both
cases, on different machines, I get a message something like this during
the "Install system" step:

    "Failed to create symlink for package source".

Anyone know what the problem is?  I've tried several times on two
different systems, to no avail.

Bobby Bryant
Austin, Texas

2. problems with installing from bootdisk & rootdisks

3. The Modules Package Source Code Released

4. starting FTP server and creating accounts on 2.6

5. Are there any sophisticated source & release control packages around?

6. Test Message

7. Announce: Treeps 0.99 Beta 2 (Source Package) Released

8. Gus pnp & linux??

9. Creating RPM packages from tar.gz source

10. Creating web access to source code (aka OpenSolaris source browser)

11. Releasing the NIS+ server sources as Open Source ?

12. It`s IMPORTANT!!!

13. Please Help....it′s a very small thing!!!!.PLEASE