Recommend alternative to gdb?

Post by Vidar Hokst » Tue, 04 Nov 1997 04:00:00

Quote:> I've been developing an application with GDB for Linux.  Unfortunately
> the slowness of GDB in doing insert/replace/delete operations has
> become painful.

> Any recommendation for something better?  Or where to look?  No, I
> don't need a full-featured RDBMS, so most if not all of the entries
> by Browne or Latura aren't of interest.

This question is very difficult to answer without knowing what you intend to
do. Especially how your data is structured, and which operations will be
done often.

One option that could possibly adapted for your use could be dbz, as found
in the INN distributions. It's highly specialized, but _if_ it fits for your
application, it should be quite fast.

--

  <URL:http://deepthought.ncg.net/>  | <URL:http://www.norconnect.no/>
--

Post by Frank Mil » Tue, 04 Nov 1997 04:00:00

I've been developing an application with GDB for Linux.  Unfortunately
the slowness of GDB in doing insert/replace/delete operations has
become painful.

Any recommendation for something better?  Or where to look?  No, I
don't need a full-featured RDBMS, so most if not all of the entries
by Browne or Latura aren't of interest.

Objective is to make this stuff GPL'd, so hopefully the replacement
will be GPL'd or GPL-able.

Thanks!

        -frank