I can't get linuxthreads installed.

Post by Anithen N » Fri, 27 Jun 2003 03:34:27

I am running RH 7.3.  I need linuxthreads in order to install a newer
version of glibc, so I downloaded glibc-linuxthreads-2.1.2pre3.tar.gz
and extracted the linuxthreads directory to the top of the glibc source tree (as the the glibc documentation instructed).
        In the README included with linuxthreads, it says to edit the Makefile, editing variables under the "Configuration" section.
When I ran configre, I saw no output, when I ran make, I got errors:

../Makeconfig:84: ../config.make: No such file or directory
../Makerules:761: no file name for `include'
../Makerules:780: no file name for `include'
The GNU C library has not been configured.
Run `configure' to configure it before building.
Try `configure --help' for more details.
make: *** [../config.status] Error 1

And thus I took a look at the configure file, which looked like this:

# This is only to keep the GNU C library configure mechanism happy.
#
# Perhaps some day we need a real configuration script for different
# kernel versions or so.
exit 0

What the hell is going on?  How should I edit the Makefile?
--
      _
      ._.

1. It's not bad canned meat...

Thanks for your time.  We at I.S.P.O.T. (The International Society
for the Preservation Of Trees (URL http://www.local-touch.com/ISPOT/)) feel
that electronic messages are great for getting the word out while preserving
our friend the tree.  Anyway, please stop by our home page!

Thanks again!

SusieQ

2. linux ppp

3. samba / nt problem

4. Question about 'LinuxThreads'

5. check cpu_online() in nr_running()

6. Getting 'tree' installed under OpenLinux...

7. Turn off the internet popup menu

8. gdb can't start linuxthreads

9. howto install linuxthreads ???

10. Xavier Leroy's LinuxThreads

11. Help: Novice trying to install - Adaptec 2940 PCI isn't getting recognized?

12. getting "Couldn't get a free page" during install